Leveling Rdruid I have a question about DPSing while healing

So I am only lvl 27 and I started out putting some points in the balance side so when I am not healing I would cast some spells to dps. Then I just tried out putting points in cat side and just shapeshift quick to dps.
I do way more dmg as Cat but what I want to know is, at cap, doing M+ is it feasible to shapeshift to dps and back to heal? Or should I not bother and just cast balance spells, even if it does alot less dps

yup that’s pretty much resto’s gameplay, apply lifebloom to self+tank/squishiest dps, keep efflorescence down, then hit treant and go into cat to mess around, popping out of cat when chunky dmg is coming

You don’t really wanna be playing too much on the balance side of things because of mana use until ur comfortable with the knowledge that the people ur healing dont require too much watching, then you can full send it with the dots and sunfire/moonfire a few targets and rake and rip them

1 Like

Whichever one you feel more comfortable with.
Cat = higher dps, but also higher risk. Requires a good group to pull off or else you’ll never be shapeshifting and missing out on DPS anyway

Boomchicken = easier as you’re not shapeshifting and not ending up in melee to do damage and hardly ever have to actually shift over into form to get the most out of your DPS. Safer. Less DPS overall.

Any DPS is good DPS though :slight_smile:

1 Like

starfire aoe cat form single targ

1 Like