[Leveling] [Lore] Actual Campaigns

I’ve been thinking about how to make leveling actually feel better, together with telling the stories that this game has to offer. And after logging into Warcraft 3, it actually gave me an idea, it will need some work, but most of it is already in the game and I feel like it would be interesting to implement in the game.
Do note, this is just the first draft, and I’ll probably miss out on zones and dungeons, feedback is appreciated :slight_smile:

So, my idea is to actually have campaigns, and not this weird Chromie Time that we currently have, which is confusing many.

Upon entering the world after you created your character, you can choose a campaign, one campaign will give you 35 levels, so going from level 1, you’d need to do 2 campaigns in total, and afterward you can make another character, or pick to do a new campaign for the sake of seeing the story on your lvl 70 character.

We would have:

The Human Campaign:
Included zones: Elwynn Forest, Westfall, Redridge, Duskwood, Redridge Mountains, Hillsbrad Foothills, and Theramore Isle/Dustwallow Marsh.

This would end in, whoever is the current leader of the humans (depending on which campaign you have done on the same character already) Will thank you for your service to Stormwind and granting you a horse.
Dungeons included, with appropriate quests that will send you there: Deadmines & Stockades.

The Nightelf Campaign:
Included zones: Teldrassil, Darkshore, Ashenvale, Stonetalon Mountains, Felwood and Feralas. (Maybe Azshara too?)
Dungeons included: Blackfathom Deeps
Extra: When you play a Worgen, you’ll do the Gilneas story first and then you will be asked to go to Darkshore and continue the night elf campaign from there.

The Dwarven Campaign
Included zones: Dun Morogh, Loch Modan, Wetlands, Badlands, Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes, and Hinterlands.
Dungeons: Gnomeregan, Uldaman, and the Blackrock Dungeons.
Extra: Dwarves and Gnomes always have had a very close relationship, it makes sense for the dwarves to help out in Gnomeregan during their campaign.

The Orc Campaign
Included zones: Durotar, The Barrens, Ashenvale, Azshara, Stonetalon Mountains
Dungeons: Ragefire Chasm, The blackrock dungeons?
Extra: As a Troll, you’ll start on the Echo Isles instead of the Valley of Trials

The Tauren Campaign
Included zones: Mulgore, Barrens, Stonetalon Mountains. Feralas. A Thousand Needles and Desolace,
Note: Now this is where more work needs to be done, as 1k needles and Desolace have parts of them that are not related to just the Taurens, but to the Cenarion Circle and blend in fast with just general horde stuff.

The Forsaken Campaign
Included Zones: Silverpine Forest, Tirisfal Glades, Ghostlands, Gilneas (make a quest hub where you attack Gilneas) Hillsbrad Foothills.
Extra: As a Bloodelf, you’ll do Eversong Woods instead of Silverpine Forest.

The Steamwheelde Cartel
Zones included: The Cape of Stranglethorn, Winterspring, Tanaris, The Barrens

The Outlands Campaign
This should also include The Isle of Quel’Danas

The Northrend Campaign

The Cataclysm Campaign
Included zones: Hyjal, Deepholm, Vashj’ir, Twilight Highlands and Uldum.

The Pandaria Campaign
This should also include the Isle of Thunder

The Dreanor Campaign

The Legion Campaign
This should also include Argus

The Battle for Azeroth Campaign

The Shadowlands Campaign
This will also include helping all the covenants as if you’re part of their covenant.

The Dragon Isles Campaign
This will also include Zaralek & the Emerald Dream zone we’re going to next patch, but only when we’re in the new expansion.

Now, there are a couple of hurdles to overcome, some I don’t have the answer to yet either.

-There are some zones that haven’t been listed in any of the campaigns, like Bloodmyst and Azuremyst Isle, Eastern and Western Plaguelands, Un’goro Crater, Silithus, and the Blasted Lands.

-What to do with the Legion Artifact weapons and the class hall quests related to them.

-What to do with Kezan and The Wandering Isle.

-If Dungeons are a requirement, Blizzard should probably implement smart NPCS to take the place of players if the queue takes too long.

-Story mode raids???

This all does grant more options that currently aren’t possible with the number of zones available, but multiple zones can be used to tell different kinds of stories like I’ve tried with the Tauren and the Steamwheelde Cartel campaigns.

You could even add a Troll campaign where stories of different trolls are being told, the same goes for Blood elves and High elves, maybe even a Dreanei campaign and add stories on how they settled in as an alien race on Azeroth.

More allied races could even be implemented, like finishing the Orc Campaign and opening up a quest to introduce Ogres to the Horde, or finishing the Human Campaign and introducing Highelves back into the Alliance.

If you finish the Dwarf campaign and the Northend campaign, unlock the ability to make Frostborn dwarves. Maybe even introduce a quest where the Gnomes welcome the sane part of the Lepregnomes, the possibilities are plenty!

Blizzard could even add pre Cataclysm campaigns to the mix, to add even more story to this story rich IP.

Rewards for completing a Campaign can be mounts, transmog, titles, pets, you name it.

5 Likes