Leveling in AV

I leveled from 61 to 70 this past weekend and as far as I know I didn’t get reported. I was participating and the game allows 61+ to queue.

Most people won’t report you unless you are actually afk.

LOL. What a pointless activity to be useless at 61 in AV. Leveling is so easy and fast with questing. I leveled all my abandoned characters to 70 for professions.

that’s your opinion and your play style. dont impose it on me.

This guy mad. Probably lost a battle at 70 in AV to someone sub-70.

I reached honor cap at 69.5. When I hit 70 I was immediately able to buy the weapon and several pieces of gear. Accomplishing two objectives at the same time.

4 Likes

The real question is why are 70s in the bracket when this was changed in wotlk:

• 70 was removed from the 61 to 70 bracket
  • There is now a bracket for 70 to 79 players
  • 80s are now in their own bracket
    https://www.engadget.com/2009-09-22-details-on-the-alterac-valley-bracket-changes.html
1 Like

You should be reported. The game lets them in AV right? That is how it was designed right? It sucks but people who false report should be reported and banned.

2 Likes

Because WOTLK isn’t out yet?

You shouldnt be getting banned… but just know ppl are probably going to rage at ya…

I dont really know why Blizzard allowed 61-69 to queue with 70s… it kind of makes no sense… but w.e

1 Like

Last I checked when I launch the game it says wotlk classic.

If this change isn’t active now, it’s not going to activate magically on the 26th.

1. You won’t get banned so long as you have damage/heal numbers on the logs, which you will if you’re killing mobs for XP.
  2. The XP in AV is ridiculous now. Look at how much you get from the higher level cave mobs. You also get over 10k handed to you when a match ends. That’s pretty much a free quest turn in. If Blizzard didn’t want players to level in AV, they wouldn’t let you queue pre 70 then give you all this XP.

I personally leveled from about halfway through 68 to 70 on one of my DKs in AV for the weekend bonus. I was astounded at how much XP AV now gives. If I had known sooner… I probably would have done most of my leveling in there.

4 Likes

Nice. so AV is the new RDF. we just spam to level.

Im not saying i report them, but if people see a 61 running around afk in an AV being utterly useless… they will most likely get reported. Why even take that risk when you level faster questing?

how can you run around if your afk?

1 Like

There is no risk as long as you are participating. (The recent erroneous bans excluded).

Getting xp questing is just a waste of time if you plan on doing bg’s for full brutal set. You get the same honor that a level 70 would. I hit level 70 and was honor capped.

Just go into like you are farming honor, then the xp that you get…

2 Likes

61-70 on a DK over AV weekend, you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

So? Cata wasn’t out yet either, but 80s got their own queue for AV, separate from the 70-79 levelers. 70 should get their own bracket separate from 60-69 levelers, just like it was originally in WotLK.

Leveled my alts from 61 through 70. Alliance side had 75k honor around 69ish. Horde had around 73 honor at 70. I did my best to help. I would go after the healers, silence, kicks and interrupts did wonders.

Oh, look. Another fairy tale author who claims that sub-70 can beat geared 70 in AV. Keep going /popcorn. Your kind is so entertaining.