Leveling Exp

I wish this ideas make it to the council.

agree too, scaling should be optional, the first example that comes to mind is the one from FFXIV.

Leveling through all zones pre scaling, was nice, tedious but nice. i think it has to do with the lack of rewards you get from leveling and the speed in which you venture each zone, not the leveling experience.

for example, back in wrath-cata when you had the heirlooms, you out Item leveled the zone, which was nice some times. and i believe is something many people like

On the other side there are the ones who loved the classic long leveling experience; they should have the option for that too

1 Like

An additional 17% made that big of a difference for you?? So 1000 exp turned into 1170 exp and that would keep this “petition” from growing legs?

LOL really?

Then they can play Classic?

1 Like

In point of fact, I am playing BCC and am slowly and with great joy making my way thru old world Azeroth and its original stories.

But why can’t I have zone progression in the present game as well? After all, that was how the game was set up to be played, not this scaled nonsense which renders every fight the same and gives zero opportunity for me to learn my class. The option would be skin off no one’s nose.

1 Like

It was great for 50 - 60. Right now with all the removed content you kind of run out by 57, then it’s a slow grind.

heirloom sphere!

Leveling is such an obsolete concept imho.
Like, all right, new players should level…But players who already have a few max levels should really have an option to skip it.

I straight up refuse to make another toon, not due to Shadowlands gearing, but simply cuz I can’t stand leveling after a decade of WoW.

1 Like

This is not even close to realistic for most players. You hear about it but don’t know anyone who’s actually done it.

2 Likes

Allow people to set their progression style and difficulty.

I like this idea a lot :+1:

1 Like

indeed, agree with this. Remember when you use to see higher level mobs on certain areas of the same zone, that was fun

1 Like

I like this idea. I also wish that professions played more important role in leveling so that there was a point in farming and creating interim items. I look at those copper veins in classic zones and it feels so bad that it’s all useless.

Of course for items to matter - enemies need to be stronger as well and some quests should be more difficult.

The Explorer difficulty would be really nice to have with all that in it. It can reward some achievement/title/cosmetics when you reach 60 in that mode.

3 Likes

Funny thing is that he assumes things. I’ve leveled over 50 characters in different expansions, i’m not counting the ones i leveled on this one. And even on this one you tend to feel the draught from 50 to 60, the pacing is a mess, and the scaling doesn’t help keeping it fresh.

Maybe if each level reward a conduit or something, but it is still something to be addressed.

2 Likes

Yes, yes and yes. I started off with tailoring back when it actually meant something, and now… what good is it for? Bags, and that’s about it. Same with cooking and fishing. They’re meaningless now.

2 Likes

It’s not the same, one thing i miss the most when playing classic is the new models skins, and the higher resolution zones.

1 Like

XP right now is fine. It’s more than fine actually.

I don’t want us to return to needing a week or more to hit max.

?? Leveling in Cataclysm was super easy. I got 8 characters to max level then, the most before or since.

But the idea of selectable difficulty levels is a good one.

on an old account trying to open up vulpera race. Had a level 45 DH so decided to use it to get the vulpera opened up. So far up to level 49 and still have 3 chapters to do. So leveling way to fast for what I’m trying to accomplish. I wish they would make leveling a little slower so I can actually enjoy the story line as well as not feel like I’m wasting time on what I’m trying to accomplish.

I think the nerfing of the campaign to help each covenant is the problem. Doing all four used to bring you almost to 60. Now it’s easier to do them, but you run out of stuff much earlier, so the nerf kind of backfired.

Dude it takes like 2-3 days casual play (not /played) to level a brand new character to max.

It’s a joke.
Wanting to make it easier is one too.

1 Like

I really really like this idea!!