Leveling Exp

Petition to keep leveling experience at it was in the Anniversary.

it felt normal compared to what it feels now

4 Likes

Did they lower it for the anniversary because honestly leveling is super fast.

At the anniversary it felt nice, it was faster than the normal xp gains. We had some xp buffs stacked, the anniversary 18% and 2 more that i don’t remember, i believe one of those was the Warmode one

I think it is ridiculously fast and either they need to significantly slow it down or give people options like:

1. Explorer- original xp for each expansion (for those that want to experience all the content at level)
  2. Defender- xp for lvl 10 to lvl 50 is divided up per expansion (for those that want to experience an expansion in full)
  3. Conqueror- present quick system (for those who want to barrel thru to endgame)
16 Likes

Agree!, This is an excellent idea.

1 Like

Darkmoon Fair buff stacks with the anniversary buff, too. It’s only for 24 hours, but hey- that was 24 hours with a 27% XP buff. Can’t wait for 28% next year!

1 Like

Agreed! The leveling experience is why I primarily enjoy Classic at this point. I couldn’t care less about endgame right now, especially in SL

4 Likes

That is why I am loving BCC.

The atmosphere alone in old Azeroth is amazing!

4 Likes

wq buff is up this week, wish they’d keep that up longer, these weekly things that scratch my itch to maybe partake in wq’s etc are too short.

I do agree XP buff would be nice even if lvling is on the faster side.

1 Like

Now that you mention that, each weekly event highlight the grind it is on normal weeks (honor, valor, rep, xp, etc), i wish we had the buff % as normal and weekly improve on top of that.

1 Like

I like the way you think. I mostly enjoy leveling, but with the changes in 9.0 it’s too fast for my tastes.

1 Like

Yup, I was playing around in SL world quests on a lower lvl and I felt like it was more inline with how it should of been. Kinda like Legion having over 200 per wq [now it’s more 'cause of 50% buff] but it makes the tedious, feel more tolerable and even nudges me to wanting to do more of it when bored or w/e.

So ya I agree.

1 Like

You can also get a 10% exp buff from Draught of Ten Lands potions sold by Honorbound/7th Legion quartermasters. I was stacking those with the anniversary buff for leveling - it was great!

1 Like

With no leveling buffs I made a warlock on a Thursday logged out immediately because I realised I would have to do a ui. Came back the next day and stated leveling and it was 60 by Sunday. Admittedly I played more than a healthy anoint in that time but if it can be done in 3 days it isn’t too slow Imo.

2 Likes

thanks for pointing it out. This reminded me of another topic.

Back in Wrath it was supposed to be a longer more slower leveling process, yet it felt beautiful to out level a zone, and complete it with ease.

Heirlooms is another point, before it use to feel like a boost, even thou there were more levels, without scaling and having more powerful gear that the average of the zone, felt nice.

I’d said give the player the option, as some one replied here before.

I miss leveling without scaling; i remember in WoD leveling was one of the greatest of all time; you do it 1-2 times it was great; and it was even better the 3rd and so on, with the different choices and the crafted end lv 100 weapons that could be equipped at 91

You can level from 1 to 60 in a single session.

Cool. I know where one of my pally’s will be this week for a few minutes. NIghtfallen shoulder rep runs.

1 Like

And some people want it even faster.:smiley:

I think some folks would be happier starting at max level so that the instanced content could begin immediately. It would render the classic RPG leveling experience moot, but times have changed I guess.

I personally enjoy the journey, especially when the destination is 6 months plus of repetitive content. I guess I don’t understand the draw.

3 Likes

WHy I have so many alts these days. Leveling is truly the only fun left to this game as I see it. I had a blast leveling 3 chars full 1(10) to 50 past 2 months.

its the 50 that has me go so…honeymoon is over I guess. Yeah yeah nagging other half. I got it, I will take out the trash (weekly fate quest). Get the milk on the way home (stygia to get chits at vendor since korthia rng is trash more often than not).

3 Likes

I returned at the end of Legion after a break since mid-vanilla, and I had a blast leveling 4 elemental shamans and one ret pally to 120 over the course of BFA. This is one of those characters.

The leveling changes they made during the pre-patch ultimately made me quit. I made it through the Maw intro on another toon, and the last day of my sub was 11/16/20 according to their records. I renewed on 11/22/21 and have only logged in once for a couple of minutes.

I have a 12 day vacation starting after work tomorrow to see how it goes, but I’m not sure if the game is for me anymore.

However, this is my 2nd month back and I’m having a lot of fun talking to a number of really nice people on the forums.:+1:

1 Like