Leveling Difficulty Changes Incoming

Considering a few days of questing weeks before competitive content release as P2W is the most regarded take I’ve seen today. Bless you.

well since Ilvl scaling was added to the game it actually makes you weaker only way to get more power would literally be a talent or more IL

Making the game harder for people who are already behind the pack and promoting P2W advantages is always the wrong choice. We just saw this happen in SoD with nightmare incursions.
Why is blizzard so insistent on punishing people for just taking their time?

2 Likes

This change does not feel wanted or needed to me. I personally dislike it a LOT because it is going to make leveling my alts a heck of a lot harder which is not the definition of “fun” to me.

I get that balance is important, but nerfing is rarely an option that should be considered. Quite disappointed here.

EDIT - I now NEED to push to finish leveling to 80 today when my preference is to explore, leveling professions, and do side quests.

This change is not fun or mindful!

126 Likes

And apparently didn’t read any of it. The only, and I do mean only, saving grace of the expansion so far has been the relative ease with which you can level your alts. There is also absolutely nothing else to do in the game right now other than leveling alts thanks to your ridiculous staggered release and the general lack of content. Also not everyone’s alts are decked out in endgame DF gear, in fact, even most people’s main weren’t. There is a reason why they’re called “alts” and it’s that they don’t have the best gear. I mean, I just don’t know what to say anymore, I am exasperated.

This is beyond tone deaf even for you guys and you’re the reigning champs of tone deafness… smh.

27 Likes

This scaling is something Blizzard wants regardless of levels present though.

it starts around 75 - they shouldn’t make 75 to 80 harder at all.

2 Likes

Fix DUNGEON SCALING instead of NERFING players.
People only complain about DUNGEONS being a joke.

9 Likes

How do you figure? Is exp being changed? Are we losing the buff? No…

1 Like

Lmao I love the reaction to blizzards dumpster fire “fixes” and those of us who dont have to suffer through it with our mains in EA.

Blizzard loves punishing the poors.

2 Likes

No thank you, try again, people are actually enjoying the leveling this is insane work on keeping peoples good will for a change.

2 Likes

Yeah not to mention the players with 10-20 80s already :smiley:

2 Likes

The scaling changes aren’t going to affect those without. Read what Kaivax said again.

This is a load of nonsense. Maybe it’s ‘your’ saving grace, but don’t act like that’s the case for everyone.

jazz hands Shaddoowwlannddss mentallitttyyyyy.

1 Like

video or it didnt happen.

Thanks for treating your customers as second class citizens, another middle finger for people that didnt buy the early access, why did i decide to play this game again when this company is like this i have no idea.

9 Likes

It would be IMO much preferable to just cap ilvl of DF gear at 500, get rid of tier bonuses at L71 not L80, and maybe tweak the scaling slightly.

2 Likes

imagine complaining about blizzard balancing the game. y’all complain when its not balanced, so blizzard balances it, then y’all complain again! nothing satisfies you.

2 Likes

Considering an unadvertized huge xp boost that apparently was designed to benefit only those who prepurchased early access is not pay to win but merely a scummy misrepresentation intended to disadvantage those who didn’t swipe like proud whales like you?

5 Likes

These changes sound like they only target monsters which means the healings scaling won’t be changed, which will make healing lower level targets as a higher level even harder.

Are you also going to address healing scaling when healing different level players?

For example at 77 a 150k+ heal only heals for 40k on a level 70 target while healing for over 300k on a 79 target. At 78 your 40k heal on a 70 target immediately drops to 32k.

The negative scaling when healing lower level targets is drastic given your power level isn’t usually increasing much at all since you don’t get much gear and 70 targets tend to have over a million health as well.