Leveling a rogue feels terrible

Doesn’t even matter what spec you play it feels horrible for most of the leveling process, their damage is very low and energy regen is extremely slow. Survivability is quite low too. There’s a few levels where sub can one or two shot mobs but it’s extremely reliant on stealth. There’s basically no AOE for any of the specs so mobs have to be killed one by one.

This has been a problem for a long time now. Compared to other energy users like windwalker monk or feral druid, rogues are pathetically weak while leveling. It wouldn’t take much to just give them a damage boost for the lower levels.

9 Likes

Since day 1. :frowning:

3 Likes

Level on Sub and… most mobs are dead with your second finisher.

Are you just… not maintaining your gear? Uniquely no heirlooms?

I’ve leveled 2 Rogues in the past few months, alongside said Monk and Feral (and DK, Pally, Priest in prepping alts on new server for S4) and… the Rogues weren’t noticeably behind.

You have to kill them one by one whereas every other class can destroy 10 mobs at once in seconds. I just leveled a rogue 50-60 and a monk 50-60 and the difference is substantial.

1 Like

The unfortunate reality is leveling is content blizzard doesn’t really consider anymore since its fairly easy content even for the worst classes at it. And we are definitely a contender for worst class in the game for it.

My barebones idea to fix alot of the issues is to give the rogue class a melee pure sustain passive like basically every other non-hybrid melee spec has. When you kill a mob that gives experience or honor, your crimson vial CD should be refreshed and your next crimson vial should grant energy instead of costing it.

This still wouldn’t even be as strong as most melees leveling sustain passives, but it would at least give us something.

3 Likes

Or they bring back SND refresh mechanic when you land a killing blow.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

Assassination SND refreshes with Envenom use.

That is still inferior than SND refresh mechanic after landing a killing blow for leveling purposes.

def l2p issue.

so everytime you use envenom is inferior to if you get the killing blow you get it refreshed sorry but I have no problem getting Killing blows with envenom. so as just stated by another poster a L2P issue.

I really didn’t feel this way about my rogue and I just got em to 70. Leveling felt fine for me.

Yep.

I’m constantly leveling alts and rogue is painful. Energy regen is slow, active abilities hit for low damage, and barely any AoE. By far the worst class to level as, slower than some healing specs!

3 Likes

Do a low level dungeon and look at the damage meters, rogue pales in comparison to every other class at lower levels. Has absolutely nothing to do with personal skill it’s a tuning issue

3 Likes

So to caveat this thread since I knew some people would be in here saying “l2p issue” leveling is easy. Leveling in modern wow is very easy in general which is probably why blizzard doesn’t pay much attention to the balance of leveling specs and passives/talent pathing while leveling.

Rogue is the worst leveling compared to most classes in terms of speed and survivability. If you are a moderately good player then leveling is easy regardless but that doesn’t change that the rogue leveling experience is still one of the slowest of all the classes.

2 Likes

What are you talking about?

Rogues used to have a glyph with SND auto refresh from a killing blow. We are talking about leveling not PVP or dungeons lol.

Rogues used to have more tools for leveling purposes as well (eg Combat Rediness). I hope Cata classic launches so people that never played Rogue pre Legion see what the class was truly capable of not only leveling, solo but also end game.

def skill issue,

leveling as sub you run around killing everything in your opener, how much easier do you want it to be?

The person is not talking about killing normal mobs. You could one shot mobs using ambush back in Cata/MoP.

Rogues used to be very good at soloing elites but have a lost of a lot of their defensives for that (eg Combat Rediness) as well as proper DPS cool downs. No prep is an obvious one to point to as well.

It is not a skill issue.

1 Like