Leveling 1-120. Time?

How long is it taking everyone to level a fresh alt from 1-120? /played

I’ve seen people do it less than 14hrs by having a 120 fly them around to complete quests. If you’re going solo, I just leveled a pandaren shaman 1-120 and it took me about 26hrs /played

What was your method?

I do it pretty quick. Can get it done in less than an hour.

Just buy a boost

2 Likes

I’ll give you the honest answer instead of these “run around answers”.

I completely started off as a Level 1 Dark Iron Outlaw Rogue just so I can get the heritage Armor for him. It literally took me three (3) days of total of 12 hrs of playtime each day to get from Level 1 to 120.

NOTE: I did not play 12 hrs straight, it was broken up in 12 hrs in a 24 hour day I played WoW.

First, I ensured I had the limited time “The Winds of Wisdom” XP buff from WoW. It’s currently expired. Also had all Heirlooms equipped for extra XP buff from gear. Ensure if you have a 120 alt in BFA, buy at least 20 “Draught of Four Winds” 10% XP bonus pots from the NPC in Boralus and send them to your Level 1 character. They last for one hour even through death.

Ok, so, you’ve gotten your Heirlooms and Potions for XP buff. Start questing!! When you get to Level 15 to get into dungeons, do them as much as possible. After you are done with dungeon runs, keep questing and re-queue for dungeons and pick up dungeon quests along the way. When you get to Warlords or Dreanor, go to your Garrison Quartermaster and buy the 20% inc XP potions at 100 Garrison Resources a pop. They help a ton and you’ll gain so much XP so fast.

For my questing zones I went:

Classic Zones (1-58)

Northrend (Howling Fjord / Grizzly Hills questing till level 85)

Pandaria (Jade Forest till Level 90)

Warlords of Dreanor (Shadowmoon Valley until Level 100)

Legion (Stormheim and Broken Shore, Level 100-110). If you want, conduct Class Hall Campaign to get Class Mount. I did for DK and Warlock.

BFA (Drustvar > Tiragarde Sound 110-120)

It was pretty easy since I’ve done it so many times, 3 days just goes by so quick and you barely realize you’ve spent 3 days grinding to 120. I just made sure I’ve always had my XP pots up and always queued up for dungeons because that end of dun XP is massive. Also, when you get into WoD and Legion, do the “Bonus Objectives” for more inc XP while you are waiting for a dun. They can reward anywhere from 34k to 75k XP a pop. Good luck!!

1 Like

Long enough that a Level Boost is still preferable.

Especially if you enjoy the perks that come with it.

1 Like

Did you make this thread twice?

Fake. Dark Irons start at level 20

3 Likes

And filled with misinformation, the winds of wisdom buff is not expired (it’s up til prepatch) and Northrend stops scaling at 80.

2 Likes

Full heirlooms and xp pots, started with grinding because ez kills and fast respawns = ez levels, then quest following azeroth auto pilot. I queued for dungeons as dps and did them as they popped. If I got into a dungeon I’d already done, I left. The extra 60k-120k xp from dungeon quests is well worth it, and not having those makes the dungeon significantly less lucrative

Worth noting, if you’re alliance, the xp you get from the human starting area quests is completely nutty. If you can party sync with a level 1 starter account, you can do those quests at level 60 and get to level 62 or 63 just from those quests

Lol didn’t realize my first posted!

1 Like

About 1 minute with a level boost.

What perks?

I can do it in about 30 hours with the classes that’re:

• Good solo levelers (larger pulls, minimal downtime)
  • Strong in lowbie dungeons
  • Full heirlooms (including both rings), NOT enchanted
  • Leveling normally through Legion zones - doing invasions if they’re up, but not logging out except when one is up with the goal of minimizing time played.

This is with like 80%** focus and without using the XP potions (except the Draenor one which you have no reason to not use). It’s a little slower with weaker classes.

** Doesn’t necessarily mean 80% speed, though. There’s a lot of times you can daydream a little and not lose much time.

Fast, if you are wearing looms, and use Draught of ten lands potions. And those things stack with the blizz xp buff( wisdom of four winds(whatever it’s called).

I found dungeons till level 80 quick, leveled 80-90 in jade forest, 90-100 doing treasures till around 94 then you get 50k xp per quest in gorgrond which gives a level every 6-10 quests. 100-110 is a little longer if no invasion is up. 110-120 still sucks with the buff but can be done before you finish the 2nd zone

There’s a fast method but it is rather dry.

1-60 classic starter areas (human, dwarf through to start of Loch Modan, Red Ridge).

Then party sync and do them again for WoTLK.

Pandaria is fast and you’ll be done partway through Jade Forest.

Draenor Treasures all the way to 103.

Then sync classic zones again to cap. Yes a third time. Only exceptions are assaults which give huge experience.

1 Like

I’m taking 25-30 hours with heirlooms but without Draenor pathfinder.

Functional 120 starting gear, all flight points in previous areas, free flight training, and you save alot of hours of your life.

Uh Lame…:face_vomiting::face_vomiting: