šŸ”“ Level Squish Questionnaire going out

Yes it is realā€¦ I got it this morning. asked me about classic and I did get the question about the"upcoming" level squish.

1 Like

legacy achievements. nothing elseā€¦:rofl:

Level squish necessity is really from Blizā€™s design

Once they pruned so many abilities there were few left to give us for leveling. Once they scaled the world, there was little value to a new level aside from a 1/120th marker to the endgame.

So bliz wants to shrink it down where they can give something meaningful for every level.

I really only want this in return for a shorter leveling experience. If they take 120 and shrink it down to 40, I want a shorter leveling experience.

If bliz want to implement scaling they can also scale the quest rewards so anyone can continue to do all of the quests throughout the world for always meaningful rewards, even at endgame at 120.

basically bliz saw that ability and leveling bloat was taking lots of their time and making the game too complicated for new players. So they pruned it all off. They want to stop bloat progression so they made all progression past 100 basically a rental for each xpac.

But all this stuff messes with the very essence of an RPG. Leveling is supposed to make you more powerful against weaker parts of the world. Abilities are supposed to grow with each xpac, not be taken away and re-given as ā€˜newā€™ despite being recycled.

This is the core issue. Will this be sacrificed even further on a level squish? Is a level squish providing any player value or just something to make blizā€™s unpopular changes slightly more palatable?

I donā€™t see the stat squish going lower than 60.

The Squish wll probably sheer off like 40 levels, and make the max level 80 tbh.

All the double zones (like BC and Wrath is 60-80, will probably get knocked down to 10 levels across it.

Obviously, a level squish alone wouldnā€™t be ā€œknocking it out of the park.ā€ Iā€™m saying the next expac as a whole needs to be a home run. So if they do implement a level squish, as part of the next expac, it canā€™t be done in a way that would detract from that goal, or at the very least, be net neutral.

The site I went to for the survey was HTTPS.

The address I used is shown in this graphic

1 Like

If they are doing this, from my experience on SWTOR, something this major they normally announce on their own forums

The 3 or 4 prior surveys Iā€™ve gotten from Blizzard used a secure hyperlink protocol in the address for a surveymonkey and the company logo didnā€™t look all dodgy and clipped.

Iā€™m actually looking forward to this. A friend of mine was over a few weekends ago, and we had a long discussion about something like this. We were both along the lines of hoping a level squish would come.

Our thoughts are that, like Ion has said in interviews, leveling has lost itā€™s appeal. Legion had Artifacts to give us new abilities and make it feel good. It wasnā€™t our level cap that really did it. With that in mind, we could be hitting a point where leveling is no longer what is required of an expansion.

Imagine getting a level squish to put a proper level cap on characters. Then, expansions offer us new abilities through other means, to keep things interesting. Maybe offer us ways to unlock them and choose what we want to keep using through each expansion, without needing level ups.

Itā€™s just an off the wall thought, but I will be more than happy to see this through and allow them room to experiment with a more permanent solution for our power gain so that expansions keep coming.

Because if it was a net gain they could implement that right now.

Instead of that, they will nuke the levels to squish everything.

People need to use their head a bit on this stuff, since when does Blizzard make drastic changes that are going to benefit the players?

1 Like

Built into the URL is a unique hash to control repeat voting. Anyone that uses this link likely overwrites the last person to do the survey data using the same URL/hash.

It would be good to see the URL others are getting to see if the hash changes, I bet it does.

I still found the survey very interesting, Blizzard shows itā€™s hand based on the questions asked.

If you really feel like Blizzard doesnā€™t do things people like or for the players, why continue to play their games or follow them? This kind of thought process really irks me.

I am by no means saying the company is perfect. Iā€™m still ticked that they have kept silent about ARs even though they are a core part of the expansion. Players have been upset with PvP for some time. Thereā€™s definitely a list of things that need attention, but to act like they donā€™t make good decisions anymore is just a round about comment that is silly to make.

1 Like

Itā€™s overdue.

Like I said, the link for this survey is setup HTTPS.

1 Like

The surveygizmo link provided in this thread was an http.

Even with a level squish there arenā€™t enough skills currently to make it rewarding. People are going to grind forever and still get to levels where theyā€™re not rewarded. Then people will start complaining Itā€™s too hard to level. Like in the past Blizzard will neft XP. Then people will complain Itā€™s too easy. Just turns into a vicious circle.

How does heirloom gear and reduced xp to level destroy the RPG feeling of the game? Tons of RPGs have XP boost gear, and itā€™s not like you donā€™t still quest and level while wearing heirloom gear. Itā€™s just faster. I mean, you name Dragon Quest. The last two Dragon Quests that came out to the USA had gear and items with XP bonuses to speed up leveling.

The screenshots of the survey show HTTPS. I already listed that.

Under NO circumstances should they do a level squish, to the people who have been around and EARNED every level, this would be a kick in the pants, and really there is no need for it as leveling is no big deal.

5 Likes

I think leveling is a big deal in fact I feel like leveling should be a core part of the game.