Level 2 can’t come soon enough

There 's a lot of great features, and there’s lots of funny stuff. I’m willing to give them some time to work out live issues that we find.

4 Likes

Limited on likes and replies? Soon they will start selling gems to recharge your forum account :joy::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

I can still give likes even though I maxed out. It just doesn’t count to my personal “likes given” statistic. People still get them though so you can keep sharing the :heart:

EDIT: they disappear after reloading. :frowning:

4 Likes

Why limit the number of likes? The more I see about this new format for the forum, the more it screams “going backwards”.

7 Likes

People can now post without subs. I bet all these restrictions and trust levels are so people dont just spam with trial accounts bashing people/game/ etc…

2 Likes
2 Likes

I certainly won’t have to worry about that.

3 Likes

I’m guessing it has something to do with some of the features such as “Summarize this topic” where it hides a bunch of the posts and focuses on posts that are liked more than others. With unlimited likes, it could lead to the echo chamber effect where a group will give likes to each other simply for being on one side of the argument and drown out the other side.

So with limited number of likes, you must put more consideration into who you give your likes to.

2 Likes

This has got to be one of the stupidest things ever done to a pay to post forum. Seriously whoever thought this was a good idea needs to never have an idea again.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

20 Likes

Just got the message saying I was almost out of likes for the day.
Had to have a laugh about there being a limit.

3 Likes

You know what prevents echo chambers? Providing a Dislike option. OH WAIT! they did away with that because some people got their feefees hurt.
I would rather see the Like feature removed completely.
As for “unlimited likes”, you can only like a post once. Which completely sinks the argument of spamming likes since that will happen with the clique-ish nature of the forums anyway. Not snipping at you, though, Alacialuun. Just using logic to point out why unlimited likes would be a non-issue anyway.

And if I’m spending a lot of time on the forums, I shouldn’t be restricted on how many posts I’m allowed to like. Actually, let me rephrase that. There is no reason ever to restrict the number of likes someone should be allowed. If someone sees several posts in a row that they strongly agree with (and this more than just possible on a forum as active as the WoW forums are), they should not be prevented from liking all of them. That’s just idiotic.

4 Likes
  • Why isn’t forum access account-wide?

• Why isn’t forum rep (aka “trust levels”) account wide?

• Why can you “like” your own posts with an alt? Is this why "likes’ are time-gated?

/facepalm

2 Likes

You would be surprised how quickly they can be earned.

2 Likes

You just gotta stay on that trust grind.

1 Like

Forums are going no where, I can’t believe how rushed you people can get.

1 Like

I’d like this post in agreement, but I’m already out of likes. I agree, it does suck.

2 Likes

The posting without a sub was not intended and is being fixed.

1 Like

The only thing that really confuses me is the limited likes. I understand they don’t want people to trade likes but they can easily monitor that.

(confused face)

3 Likes

I gave you a like. I never really liked a lot of posts before but now I’m trying to see if I can reach the limit, lol.

1 Like

You need to use your forum profile then follow the instructions. Just use your profile i linked and after dalaran add .json as in the instructions.

1 Like