Level 10 in Shadowland?

When Shadowland went live, levels 10 could play in the Battle of Azeroth. Does anyone know if level 10s will be able to access Shadowland when Dragonflight becomes active?

With Chromie Time this will be possible. Believe it will switch to this on Nov 15th.

Currently new players are sent to BFA by default. So probably when DF hit the level 10-60 experience will be Shadowlands for new players.

1 Like

No this is incorrect. New players will still go to BFA when they get out of Exiles reach. here is the wowhead articular explaining it. https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonflight-new-adventurers-needed-at-exiles-reach-329697?page=2

For New Players

If you’re new to World of Warcraft and have never created or leveled a character, you will automatically begin your journey into Azeroth with the starting experience—helping you learn the basics of your class and the fundamentals of interacting with the world you’ve become a part of.

After completing the adventure, you’ll move into Battle for Azeroth, where you’ll be able to dig into the conflict between the Alliance and the Horde and level through to level 60, before moving on into the Dragon Isles—and the new high level areas introduced in Dragonflight.

For Veteran Players

If you’re a veteran player or you’ve leveled a character before, you can choose to opt out of the starting experience and begin instead at level 1 in the starting area for your race. Upon reaching level 10, you can either continue into Battle for Azeroth or speak with Chromie to choose a Timewalking Campaign. Choose an expansion and continue leveling until you’re ready to enter the Dragon Isles at level 60. Players with Allied race characters will begin at level 10. Non-Allied race Death Knights and Demon Hunters will automatically begin at level 8 and play through their own starting experience before moving on around level 10.

If you’d like to select a different Timewalking Campaign, simply speak to Chromie again. The Shadowlands campaign will be available as a new option for veteran players once Dragonflight launches.

OK so new players head for BFA. But my level 10 is looking at the Call Board in SWC. Not only can she go to BFA, but the Broken Isles and Draenor instead. Will SL be added to the Call Board for level 10s?

In my post right above you it say’s

For Veteran Players

If you’re a veteran player or you’ve leveled a character before, you can choose to opt out of the starting experience and begin instead at level 1 in the starting area for your race. Upon reaching level 10, you can either continue into Battle for Azeroth or speak with Chromie to choose a Timewalking Campaign. Choose an expansion and continue leveling until you’re ready to enter the Dragon Isles at level 60. Players with Allied race characters will begin at level 10. Non-Allied race Death Knights and Demon Hunters will automatically begin at level 8 and play through their own starting experience before moving on around level 10.

If you’d like to select a different Timewalking Campaign, simply speak to Chromie again. The Shadowlands campaign will be available as a new option for veteran players once Dragonflight launches.
Edit: so this means a veteran player at lvl 1o will talk to Chromie and can do shadow lands ares from 10 to 60

The Hero’s Call Board has nothing to with Timewalking,

1 Like

It might be since in the past expansion they added it to where you can lvl any where. if its not on the call board then most likely you will have to do it thew the chromie time system.

I really can’t see SL being treated any different than BFA

I don’t see why it wouldn’t.

1 Like

It won’t. Shadowlands will be on the call board. Covenent will be fun collectibles forever from this point, not reason to keep it from alts.

As long as Level 50’s aren’t forced to go to shadowlands, I’ll be happy.

Can’t imagine wanting to go there at level 10….

1 Like