Level 1 hitrate bug after BFA prepatch

EDIT: This got fixed in 8.1!
EDIT 2: Never mind. This is still broken!

When the bfa prepatch dropped, low level characters(1 to 11ish) started getting really strange hit rates against other low levels.
You would think that two characters of the same race, class, level and gear would get the same hit chance against each other, but it seems that hit chance is influenced by the contents of their bags/bank and their maximum possible equipped ilvl. You can test this yourself by dueling two new characters against eachother. Just put heirlooms in one of their bags and you’ll see immediate misses in combat.

Here’s a video demonstrating the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8oBC-h-3ls

This problem started happening exactly as the BFA prepatch went live and I’m 99% sure this is an unintended feature. I’ll be attempting to bump this thread daily until acknowledged by a blue post.

8 Likes

this is a problem that needs to be fixed, thanks for bringing this up!

2 Likes

Update: It turns out there actually IS a system behind this anomaly. This hit rate difference seems to be due to a difference in maximum possible ilvl on the character. (Or at least that’s how it seems. Can’t pinpoint it for sure)
Long story short, I was able to fix this problem just last night by destroying items the broken character had in their bags. If I then restored the item, he would start missing again. One of these items that is known to trigger the hit rate bug at level 1 is “Voice Amplification Modulator”.

1 Like

I’ve also been dealing with this bug. Though, I’ve dueled other level 1’s with a max ilvl in the 40’s like mine and I still can’t hit them.

1 Like

This bug seems persistent all the way up to level 11. After that, hit rate seems to start balancing out. I haven’t been able to successfully replicate it at any higher levels… yet!

Meanwhile running around on a level 1 using just a weapon with elemental force on it is enough to beat up anybody level 11 or lower. Most people I beat this way refuse to believe I’m not a hacker, since they can barely hit me. Also note that casters miss way more often than melee from my experience.

From my experience, the difference in ilvl doesn’t actually influence how much the hit rate changes in a cohesive way, but rather most of the time if there’s any difference at all, you get the full force of the bug.

1 Like

I have also seen this problem in action, it needs to be addressed!

Bumping for signal boosts sakes, this is honestly one of the weirdest bugs I’ve yet to encounter.

Granted it only affects pre-LFD levels, but the fact it even happens to start with means there’s likely other item/ilvl related glitches at later levels (sub-60, most likely due to scaling) that would negatively impact twink PvP.

1 Like

Thanks for the bumps guys. Bumping again cause I hate this bug and want it fixed.
Don’t really have much to add this time other than this turns low level twinking into a “Who can equip less gear” contest. The best lvl 1s for pvp end up being Tauren Monks since they have high hp and can equip 1 handed weapons to beat out anybody using both hands. What used to be a fun contest to see who could gear up the most without leveling has turned into the dullest stupidest thing I can imagine and it’s kinda ruined my favorite part of this game.