Letting SOM characters transfer to Wrath is ridiculous

SOM was literally advertised as a strictly vanilla seasonal experience where servers would be wiped after a year and all existing characters would be moved to classic era so that people could play fresh vanilla all over again, and anyone who voiced concern over the shorter timeline, buffed content, and seasonal nature of these servers was talked down to and told that SOM “wasn’t for them.”

Fast forward to now, and SOM players cry to Blizzard to let them continue their “seasonal” characters in Wrath, and Blizzard just casually lets them. I know nothing’s going to change, but I just find it hilarious how the SOM crowd wasn’t as hardcore as they apparently thought they were.

10 Likes

It took those players a lot longer to realize how bad Vanilla is compared to TBC/WOTLK era. Some people are just slower than the most on coming to that conclusion. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A Blizz GM told me in a ticket a while ago that SOM toons get the option to either stay in SOM and get deleted when it does, or move over into regular Classic where they will forever stay there and not be able to move into other expansion packs.

The GM did tell me that there might possibly be another launch of SOM but gave me no details as to when or for what exapc it would be if any.

That was the plan originally but it changed.

Also

They like the cha-cha.
Plus they were told in a bg that backpedaling is so pro.

I don’t really see an issue. Why does it matter if SoM can go to Wrath? Why is it ridiculous? This affects no one.

8 Likes

wotlk is terrible and you will hate it.
just saying.

Cataclysm, however… mmm mmmm mmmm good.

So you got made fun of for not wanting to play seasonal servers and you’re sad? Get rekt

1 Like

spray bottle

NO, BAD ROBO.

Wrath Good, Cata BAD!

truly they were the same expansion, really. just like BFA and Legion. you can tell some expansions just are “part 2” of the previous one. Shadowlands is very much a “part 3”… the Matrix Revolutions of the series.

Well damn. I would have planned differently if I knew that…

yes, it is an outrage. i agree :expressionless:

Jom best server

I hit rank 14 in SoM. It was easy due to the small population of the servers. I’m thrilled I get to transfer the character and the title lol.

I agree, all the lev60 SOM transfer will ruin the best part about the anticipated wotlk release. The best part is supposed to be the ‘run-up’ fun with everybody starting with nothing and everybody starting with leve1. Runup from 60 to 80 will be very short lived fun.

I also don’t want classic ERA to be the final dump site for all the incoming lev60s from SOM. Blizzard should just delete entire SOM without any transfer option.

There’s nothing wrong with som ppl going to era…