Letters deposited at the Blue Recluse ((RP))

A series of letters are left inside the Blue Recluse, each individually addressed. On the back of each is written the following note “Please address all responses to the Blue Recluse. I will come pick them up in person soon.”

To Miss Valeraine,

I’m sorry but you really deserved that. All I wanted was a drink and to finish my sandwich in peace. Next time before you go acting on some high ideals, please understand that if I had nefarious thoughts against you or the citizens of Stormwind then I would not be showing myself and chatting with everyone.

And Whit’s reasons for being pissed at me have nothing to do with being from the Horde and everything to do with me being a man.

Sincerely,

Mr. Alan Shadetorn

To Renzly,

Call on me if you need assistance Shadow Sister. Whatever your reasons are, I don’t need to know details. I am merely on your side.

Your Drinking Buddy.

To the elf whose name I cannot pronounce,

You really should not try to play games with me, I see right through you. Because our mutual friend is going through a stressful time, I will not say a word of this to him.

Seriously though. All you had to do was admit it.

Mr. Alan Shadethorn

To Whit,

You are digging yourself a big hole my friend. But I can tell you really love her, so I’ll let it slide. Don’t ever try that bull of loving more than one or I won’t play nice next time.

Mr. Mask.

To Zesty,

I am very sorry we didn’t get to talk longer. I hope we have another chance to meet. Until then, have a drink on me.

Alan

Included in the envelope are a couple coins for a drink

To the gentleman in the crown,

Thank you for speaking with the priestess on my behalf and for generally being a decent human being. May we have another drink soon to discuss the wonders of women and the woes they bring us.

Sincerely,

Mr. Alan

3 Likes

To Mister Relar.

You are also, digging a hole. Do not question my feelings for the first person I’ve felt for in my undeath. The “bull” you mention, well… I’m sure if you use that mischievous brain of yours’, you’d be able to figure out why.

Drop the Mr. Mask kid. It’s unbecoming.

Witheeis Farlornsilt.

The rogue was having a great time. Stormwind had proven childishly easy to sneak into and the Blue Recluse was an upstanding bar with great fare and great food. He was enjoying most of the company that found him there, and people were generally proving to be entertaining and oh-so-easy to mess with. It was all in good fun and as a bonus he was learning a few choice secrets here and there. And aside from one priestess who really had it in for him, everyone had proven relatively harmless.

So he was in great spirits when he snuck back into the Blue Recluse and saw a letter waiting for him. Unfortunately, by the time he finished reading Whit’s response, his mood had soured significantly. He hastily penned a reply and tucked the letter in an envelope before using a simple dagger to pin the letter into the table and leaving it for Whit to find later.

After a moment of hesitation he added a few coins to pay for the damage to the table and wrote an apology for the barkeep. He liked the Blue Recluse after all.

Whit,

I never doubted your love for the elf. All I wanted was for you to admit the truth, and you are smart enough to do it without compromising any secret.

As for my identify… you unfortunately crossed a line you did not even know existed. And now I hold a very precious secret.

This Wolf is a threat. Hers is not a secret you want all to know.

Sincerely,

Mr. Alan Farlon-Shade.

A cat strolls into the Recluse, and notices the dagger in the table. Curious, Fred changes into his Worgen form and looks at it. Noticing who it’s addressed to he, he reads it. A few moments later he pulls his hearthstone out and mutters it to, and with a nod, scrawls a reply on the back of the letter.

Blackrock Moutain, middle platform, this evening. Farlornsilt

With a nod, Fred sticks the letter back into the table, note attached. He adds a couple more coins to the pile.

Zesty’s cheeks turned a bit pink as she scanned the quickly penned note. “What nice handwriting!” She fingered the coins for a moment before heading to the bar for a flagon of dwarven mead, whispering something about blood elves happily to herself.

1 Like

Wolfgaar held the missive up to a candle on the shelf and read it with a widening grin. “That Blood Elf has a streak of mischief in him a mile wide. Happily, I think he has the shrewdness to back it up!”

The Paladin folds the letter and tucks it between two books on the shelf.

“I look forward to that conversation, my friend.”

1 Like

Relar woke up with a headache to rival all headaches, the results of far too many drinks the night before. Grunting and grumbling he took a quick look at his surroundings and tried to piece together what happened after he left his ‘friendly’ meeting with the Wolf at Blackrock Mountain. With a series of curses he realized that somehow after drinking far too much in Silvermoon, he still had the galls to make his way back towards Stormwind and crashed in some poor unsuspecting house in Elwynn.

Thankfully from the grunts and noises coming from the woman bundled up in the corner, he hadn’t killed anyone. Irritation from his hangover laced his tone as he snapped at the woman, “Just hold your horses… I’ll let you go eventually. In the meantime… hope you don’t mind but I’ll make myself at home. Oh and when you report this, go find the people at the Stormwind Union. Tell them a Mr. Mask did it.”

An hour later he was sneaking his way back into Stormwind after a filling breakfast and a hot shower. He did leave some coin behind for the poor woman and apologized for the trouble, but somehow she did not seem to care and had tried to hit him when he released her. Feisty woman.

He took the long way back to the Recluse, mindful of keeping himself completely hidden before finally stepping into the bar. To his delight he found his letter to Miss Zesty gone and hoped she enjoyed a good drink. After some more looking around he spotted one final letter for him and quickly penned his reply.

To the Lord in the Crown

I have overstayed my welcome in Stormwind and will need to stay away from town for a while. Maybe we could have that drink in Booty Bay instead? Oh and please bring Miss Zesty when you come, I did enjoy both your company greatly.

Please have any responses sent to Mr. Alan in Booty Bay.

Mr. Alan

The rogue tucked his response back in between two books before penning one final letter.

To the Stormwind Union,

I apologize for all the extra paperwork I have brought you. I also apologize for the very angry complaint you should be receiving today, that was entirely my fault and I really should not have done that.

To atone, here’s some gold for a round of drink on my behalf and my express promise that I will not be setting foot in Stormwind for the next week.

Instead I’ll be in Booty Bay.

Have a lovely day. And remember, when you have too much paperwork just burn it all and have a drink!

Sincerely,

The Horde Rogue Known as Mr. Mask

Satisfied he had covered all his bases, the rogue snuck down to the basement and activated his stone, making a quick exit and vowing to return when things calmed down a bit more.

Witheeis wanders into the Recluse and orders a thermos of Tea for his Patrol. He notices the letter, and grabs it, seeing what the Masked fellow had to say. Reading over it while he waits, Witheeis frowns. He deposits the Stormwind Union letter in his bag, and after paying for his Tea and receiving it, continues his patrol, stopping in at the office to turn the letter in.

It would appear I need to keep an eye out tonight…

A final letter arrives at the Blue Recluse addressed to Witheeis Farlornsilt, properly sealed and postmarked.

Dear Wolf,

It’s been quite fun, even with all the threats and that terribly terrifying moment where I almost lost my blades. I got fancy new ones by the way, I think you’d appreciate the craftsmanship on these.

Alas, you may never get to see them. I have made the decision to step back and completely vanish from our mutual friend’s life, and by extent will not be enjoying chats with you anymore.

I refuse to give up on Cup’s delicious meals though, so you may still see me in Booty Bay, but only as a passing shadow.

Take care of her. Take her out on a picnic. I recommend Nagrand with the little ones.

Good luck. Fel knows you’ll need it.

- Relar.

Witheeis wonders into the Recluse, looking for a mid day meal he didn’t have to cook. He, out of an obtained habit, glances where the letters have been placed. He is surprised to find there is one, even one addressed to him.

Hm, even spelled my name right…

He takes the letter and looks over it, awaiting his food.

1 Like