Let's talk hunter

I didn’t want to do this, it may sound like class bias to people, because it is, but I don’t care anymore, I can’t take this farce any longer, stop ignoring Hunters Blizzard.

Nothing but a footnote on RoS in 10.0.5 and the removal of Double Tap from the MM spec, sending MM from C to F tier with the tanks in PvP.
Preview of patch Notes for 10.0.7 are out and still we aren’t seeing anything done to help Hunters in any ways who quite literally have all 3 of their specs on life-support at this point. The base class tree for Hunter is a complete and utter mess, all of Hunter’s grievances were completely ignored during the beta despite the amount of communication that was supposedely happening.
You announced a revamp for Ret, good, happy for them, I don’t want to sound salty here, Ret needs it, but can you blame Hunters for being enraged by this when all 3 of their specs are in full crisis mode and have been for years? Melee Survival has had trouble finding its niche within an historically ranged class, Marksman has tried making Lone Wolf work since its inception in WoD and never managed it, Beastmaster has just been caught in this thug-o-war between its survival and MM brothers trying to screw with the pet and ranged aspect of hunter as a whole.

We’re seeing more and more long time hunters simply throwing the towel and giving up entirely on the class they’ve been playing for over a decade. This can’t go on any longer. All that’s being asked for is an acknowledgement of Hunter’s issues and we can’t even have that.

And I’m not crazy, I have receipts.
Let’s start with PvE.
This is the overall damage for boss encounters currently (That is damage that contribute to the boss fight, not only done to the boss specifically), if you can’t see a problem here you are absolutely blind.

But that’s not the worst part. This level of mediocrity requires a bow from the last boss of the raid to even achieve. Can we stop having all these bows being such a huge chunk of Hunter’s power budget?! Even with that ridiculous bow it still can’t perform at all.

What about PvP?

Top 5k and Top 1k for 3v3 arenas (Which is the only bracket that really matters let’s be 100% honest here)

I guess at least the mages can be as sad as the hunters here right?

So what’s the issue you may ask?
Well simply put, THIS

And that’s not even including the smaller grievances with this tree like how worthless Pathfinder is, how Born to be Wild is so pathetic, or the point of serpent sting when spec trees can apply it without even taking the talent.

Not to mention that survival can’t use Arcane Shot or Steady Shot either, yet it’s still in the base class for them to not be able to use.

Look at Warlock’s base talent tree in comparison, most pet talents on their tree gets to have a special caviat for Grimoire of Sacrifice but Hunters don’t for Lone Wolf?!

and this isn’t even getting into the class trees.
Or maybe we should talk about how Hunters have absolutely trash tier level of self-sustain and defensive compared to everyone else? No leech without a ferocity pet which you can’t use in PvP because you need to use a cunning pet for obvious reasons, hell, MM don’t even use Lone Wolf in PvP but still are forced to spec into it for Hunter’s Knowledge despite asking to make Lone Wolf a standalone talent or just baseline since alpha… Longest CD in the universe for defensives for no apparent reasons, and having to deal with the fact hunter gets absolutely gutted when their pet dies to the most random of cleave because it is made of tissue paper. RoS isn’t what kills the pet Blizzard, it’s the Rip, the Unhinged, the Outbreak, the Soulrend, etc.

Or how about the Double Tap removal with no communication whatsoever as to why it was removed and nothing given to compensate the loss of an ability that kept MM average at best in PvP and has now effectively sent MM into a near unplayable state for high ranked PvP? MM was already seeing no play in the AWC and very little play in high rank arenas.

and I haven’t even covered half of all the issues hunters have… The list is staggering, some of them are closing in on being decade long issues.

Can we please stop pretending like Hunter doesn’t exist for the love of… Please just say something Blizzard.

110 Likes

Honestly this is something they do quite often. I understand that its a blanket nerf because they cant figure out a fix. The real problem is that they cant think of a fix as GAME DEVS. So many unique play styles have been absolutely dumpstered because of one thing. I knew plenty of hunters who would be running double tap just to get a moderate amount of damage out before being trained down. Thisnis another example of using a sledgehammer instead of a mallet.

15 Likes