Let's see how this is received

I believe all content should be flexible and scale not only to your level, but have the rewards scale to your ILVL.

I believe it would be fun to make all raids which are non-mythic, scale to how many members are in your party, up to 40, and give out proper ILVL rewards.

A TON of changes would have to be made…but I think it might keep some players around?

Maybe?

3 Likes

NO!

If I wanted to fight world mobs forever I’d do just that. Let instanced content be tailored for specific difficulty levels.

9 Likes

I love ESO, so I find this idea to be very appealing…

But I don’t think that type of gameplay is fun for everyone.

So in this case I have to go with …let WoW be WoW and leave the current game design alone.

I think the best thing to ask here is “What problem does this solve?”.

I’m genuinely curious, since it’s not stated what this is meant to fix.

2 Likes

If you’re talking about “all content” as in all content, like even old expansions, then the issue is primarily that it would result in people needing to farm the same old raids every single tier because their BiS always comes from the same place. Imagine needing to do Molten Core every single tier because Sulfuras is your best weapon.

If you’re talking about just all Shadowlands content, then there’s a point where low challenge things just shouldn’t give out the same rewards as mythic raids or high M+ dungeons.

I think it would have been a good idea if they made Torghast give gear and scale the challenge appropriately, up to the gear being just below high end M+ gear but stuff like world content I think works better as as stepping stone to higher content.

2 Likes

most people would run the easiest raids.

1 Like

No

3 Likes

What would the proper ilvl reward be in this scenario, though? Would it scale to the best geared person in the party? The average? Would people just get personal loot based on their own ilvl? If that’s the case, would people just not be able to trade items?

And for that matter, would the difficulty scale based on the average or the highest ilvl raid member?

Then there’s no point to leveling or even having levels.

I never enjoyed this concept.

I don’t even like how the world scales in WoW now. But it’s not as bad as some games.

It’s too bad Rift is nearly dead. They’re the only ones who did scaling in a good way, imo.

As for raids, I think we have good options now and Timewalking adds more options.

5 Likes

That goes against the idea of leveled progression. The basic premise is as you get more levels, you gain more power.
Your character, at level 45, should not have to go back to a zone that is designed for level 15 and still fight against mobs. They only thing that brings is more grind.

What you want is a game that is more skill point oriented. Whereby the more skill points you have, the more power you have. However, that too doesn’t fit well with WoW.

I know why they did it, to keep previous expansions somewhat relevant and offer new players access to content they would have leveled past, but without any linear progression, it all becomes a sandbox. I thought at first it would be cool to chose your own path on the leveling process, but in my opinion, it didn’t provide anything worthwhile because there isn’t any direction, at least until you enter the current expansion.

Honestly, they should pick one or the other for means of power progression, and for linear progression, just keep the storylined zones as the base. You can always go back and view the content and participate in it. You’ll just be a god and steamroll everything.

Why would you do this?
You’d perpetually be at the same power level forever no matter what gear you got.

At that point there wouldn’t be much motivation to do content.

That’s one of the problems with WoW right now.

They really need to just allow chromie time at max level. It would add a ton of content for people who were not around for all expansions.

I don’t think the gear should scale up to current bis raid/mythic gear though. Maybe max in old content is new heroic dungeon or LFR ilvl. Maybe just scale it to the first new tier, and leave it alone for the later patches.

The new content should be the main focus for most players, and where the best stuff comes from, but they shouldn’t make the old content quite as irrelevant as they do.

idk. id be interested in trying it.

personally, id prefer a currency dropped from all content we can use to purchase gear. the ilvl increases unlock as you do harder content.

however ffxiv does it, thats what id like to see. why dont i go play that instead? well, i do, BUT wow has the best gameplay overall compared to any mmo ive played.

all i want is guaranteed rewards from doing things that are fun. rng drops suck. rng vault sucks.

the current pvp gearing system is good. the problem is that its pvp and you are fighting max ilvl players in honor gear. it doesnt work in pvp. pve is different. its designed around ilvl progression.

1 Like

sure. why shouldn’t i be able to get 252 gear as quest rewards for picking up elekk dung?

I’d love this OP.

Honestly wish it was more like gw2 in how gear functions.

But this wouldn’t be bad.

Because not enough people have left WoW already?

No thank you.

:cookie:

I think scaling is bad for an RPG in general. One is supposed to feel progression relative to content. If content just scales up, then what’s the point. Bigger numbers are only fun if they take a bigger chunk of enemy health.

This is one of the reasons I dislike leveling scaling.

NO. Scaling was a terrible idea and needs to be removed.

2 Likes

I would support this, but the gear should probably be scaled down a bit if BIS, somewhere between normal and LFR if at max level and scaled lower if not at max. Items could be tradable, but should scale to who you traded to if different level.

Lukcily I already have a quote ready for such comments