Let's be honest about RDF

I think rdf is a bad thing and should not be brought back for wotlk, but this post isn’t about what I think should or shouldn’t happen, it’s about what has happened and what is going to happen.

First off, there have been enough threads about rdf on these forums. Every point that can be made has been made. Whether your for rdf or against it you have to see that by now. In my opinion it seems to be mostly the same people in every thread so I don’t think the forums are a good way to judge player opinion. In any case either blizzard has gotten your message by now, or they never will.

Secondly, I think rdf will be implemented the people that do want it seem to be the ones crying the loudest. Though I could be wrong about that. Exactly what form it takes remains to be seen. Here I feel inclined to say what I think will backfire about having rdf, but it doesnt matter because I think we’re gonna get it regardless of whether I like it or not.

Thirdly, there is zero chance of getting it for launch. Some will argue that blizz has spent too much time and effort putting together the lfg tool as it exists on the ptr and beta to not give it a try, but the reality is even simpler. Blizzard just doesnt have the time to get rdf implemented and tested before launch even if they wanted to. That ship has sailed.

1 Like

-Queue arrives
-You need water and food which i will give you
-If u are friendly i can put portal and extreme dps
-if u’re mostly rude, u will miss out on my buff
-mage shoots solids liquids and sometimes gases
-we grouped cross realm
-we took everything from gold charger tanks
-loot drama remains unsolved (wrath stats makes more ninjaing lol)

• was there room or even a need for THREE dps players?
    -Loot reward bag came into play

Think about it, i done OG wotlk, i done wotlk RDF (classic), Choice is urs. We all love the game. Blizz do the right thing. Sorry for potatoe ENG

RDF is a horrible thing. It’s one of those well intentioned ideas that runs amuck

2 Likes

Yet you’ve added to the total.

I agree that RDF won’t be here at launch, Blizzard is clearly sticking with implementing and improving their LFG tool. But they also said they would be listening to feedback so if people keep demanding RFD I think there’s a good chance that the feature will be added.

I encourage people to keep up the RDF threads

3 Likes

Well you’re not wrong, I suppose I meant to say there are enough threads arguing for or against rdf. Which I am not doing.

I’m spending a lot of time trying to find groups in LFG. I can spend up to 2-3 hours trying to find a group. Once I find one it usually gets filled up fast then the process starts again back to looking. I’m starting to get frustrated and annoyed it really doesn’t make me want to play the game. Keep this in mind this is on a high population alliance server too. LFG is a huge waste of time and offers no real social interactions. Who the hell wants to spend 2-3 hours doing nothing in town or staring at the LFG bulletin board every 2 minutes it’s simply not productive. LFG is suppose to make our lives easier not make it difficult for everyone. I’m starting to think the developers don’t actually play this game in real time.

4 Likes

Seeing as a lot of the time it’s new people (or alts) posting the threads in favor of rdf I don’t see it finishing and infact I see it getting worse when the game launches and people are like “where’s my dungeon finder”

Either way blizzard knows the Pandora’s box they opened and there isn’t any closing it until rdf comes now so trying to get people to stop especially the new people that drop in to express their displeasure will fall on deaf ears as it should.

Stand up for what you believe in!

1 Like

Just try listing the group instead of looking for 1

and I believe in keeping rdf out of Classic WotLK

And you’re more than welcome to have that stance!

We’re all transferring to mega servers anyways. Sifting through chat spam efficiently is an acquired skill

Who cares about RDF when there is 30,000 players on your faction?

I’m afraid this comment doesn’t really have anything to do with my post.

Beating the dead horse of rdf pros and cons has been done in other threads already. Even if you make an argument that is so good that it makes me come around to be pro-rdf my predictions remain the same. Regardless of whether either of us like it or not.

This is going to be a lot of people’s experience and they’re just going to quit. They don’t come to the forums to make huge posts; they just silently vanish.

Wrath Classic really is shaping up for SoM levels of failure.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.