Let's add a race toggle for Lightforged!

I’mma have to smack you :stuck_out_tongue:

Got to hug them tree’s ya know?

I’m for Lightforged NE if it’s an option :stuck_out_tongue: But wc2 dark portal races first.

Those sound cool. They can also have younger appearances as Lightforged are immortal in the sense that they don’t age.

My big concern was trying to cross rig all of the appearance options for more than 2 Lightforged races as Human and Dwarf textures seem different to me, but if they can pull it off, the more the merrier imo.

I do wish they could add stuff like this more often and more liberally than just by expansion. Hopefully they’re serious about adding stuff more frequently throughout Shadowlands and beyond.

It would be nice to see stuff like this come out in thematic patches and add questlines. For example as a Lightforged Draenei you could have transmissions from another sect of the Army of Light and do a questline or scenario and be rewarded with more racial options for Lightforged, similar to the Night Warrior.

Sounds like a cool idea, like having white/silver (still light themed) tats instead of golden.

1 Like

Yeah, I like that idea too. I’d like to have some gold options or even sunkissed or onyx skin tones for Lightforged Draenei as well as any other races that could be added. I’d like some red hair colors as well as some different eye colors, namely white, silver, blue or red maybe.

1 Like

Uther blue eyes, silver eyes, maybe sun colored eyes, same with forehead symbols for the dreanei variants!

1 Like

Yes, definitely the Sigils as those were given to both Lightforged and regular Draenei by the Naaru.

more dreanei tail options can be nice too.

1 Like

Definitely, they should have tails and their jewelry options like their mainstream counterparts, I wouldn’t mind a couple of the darker purples either.

Just thinking of this, it may come off as weird, but… tail jewelery?

1 Like

Their leader is not a draenei, they tried really hard to recruit a certain elf, and one of their best commanders is a dreadlord, but okay.

This is a pipe dream worthy of making the skinny Kul Tiran model threads blush. If you overhaul an Alliance race so it’s now four races (eight models) in one, you’re going to have to do the same for a Horde race, and I don’t see either happening.

I will link this again;

I have a seperate thread with the request for forsaken to be given the same model toggle mechanic.

1 Like

The main race has it, there’s not reason LFD shouldn’t.

The Forsaken definitely. They could have Elves, Trolls, Newer Undead(human model) Banshees just to name a few.

I do agree that four races may be excessive and makes the concept less likely for both, but such options could also be dispersed across multiple races as opposed to having 4 in one.

That’s certainly an interesting idea that would help differentiate the Alliance and Horde more.

Plus it’d make the Army of the Light look similar to its originally advertised multiracial design.

Cool idea!

1 Like

It can also be spread accross multiple patches too, start with HE to deal with the demand for paladins, then go humans, and then maybe the others if it fits the bill.

They can do the same for other races too, like making the pale available through maghar with the skinny orc model.

1 Like

Yes, the subrace concept. I’d love to see them added on a patch by patch basis, tying in with said patches theme/story.

Was thinking that maybe instead of adding the colors of tats etc to just have them available. Make the sub race idea into night warrior quest chains where you have to go retrieve the units (sub races) from their assigned areas and maybe save them for a lightforged side story idea. Help flesh them out with more lore.

1 Like

That would definitely be favorable for next level customizations like this, as opposed to dropping options into our laps out of the blue.

Yup and it can give players unfamiliar of the wc2 story on who these guys are and why they are lightforged, along as give tidbits of the past going on’s of turalyon/alleria.

1 Like