Let us start at the 430 cycle on alts

I just got back on my Priest and found that he’s on a 415 gear cycle, like wtf.

So I have to go through an entire bar of crap.

Blizz should let us just start at the most current cycle of gear no matter what. Right now that’s 430.

It’s the least they could do in this no vendor nightmare reality.

16 Likes

I have a returning friend and she is pretty much done for because its so hard to actually come back at this point and she only missed 1 tier. You have to literally grind pvp for like 6 weeks or something if you want to gear back up.

2 Likes

Essences is what killed alts tbh

3 Likes

Yeah it took like 6-8 bars of capping I think to start the 430 cycle on my warrior. Feelsbad. Even capping through RBG’s which is the quickest way in PvP, took forever.

Yeah the best way I told my friend would to be grind out the entire pvp set and then grind out your neck and then do the dungeon weekly and I was like wow yeah… sounds like a solid 2 months of hard core no life gaming to just get back into shape, its wrong.

Yeah. I mean I do all my wpvp quests, farm crates, finish all random bg dailies, do a weekly rbg, kill all the wpvp assasins I see, do every pvp assault that comes up ##and## farm a painful amount of 2s (can’t seem to find enough ppl for 3s) and it’s not nearly enough conquest.

I just got a 415 wep with a socket and great stats from the Naz world boss that made the first piece in the cycle (415 wep) obsolete.

my mains up to 422 ilvl and I can’t be any more proud xx

1 Like

Gear isn’t an issue, i would not grind out the pvp set, that seems like such a waste of time. I got my new alt to 430 in 1 week just by doing low keys and friends being nice and bringing me to their heroic clear. Neck lvl isn’t really that big of an issue either, i wouldn’t grind 65 unless it’s your main since you’ll get it eventually.

The 2 month essence grind is just god awful on alts though, makes a dead season even worse.

Ess+Neck level is worst than gear grinding.

You can get gear from many sources and gearing alts is fairly quick if you put even a little bit of effort into it, which seems like people dont wanna do.

But ess and neck level are all time gated and getting the samething you just spend months getting on your main on alts is not something id enjoy.

btw everyone who says gearing is easy run me m+ xo

1 Like

yea, i saw this coming in 8.2 and legit did 2 rogues. Every other 120 I have is going to sit til 9.0

most specs can play competitively with CoF major or conflict major which are free

then like r1 lucid vs r3 lucids only differences are the amount healed (like 11k vs 19k) and at 3 you get a 300 vers proc for a few seconds
but at it’s core it functions the same afaik

or r2/3 focusing iris is good and free you dont like lucid for whatever reason

the real issue is azerite

doing a weekly +13 is 18k
you need THREE weeks to RNG roll a vendor 450 that has a higher chance to be bad than it does good
multiplied by 3 slots is at minimum NINE WEEKS to get 3 random 450 pieces

going from 3 435s to 3 450s is nearly 50k hp EASILY the power creep on them is disgusting

you’re so much more disadvantaged being stuck with 430 azerite than you are being stuck with flame/conflict majors and r1 minors over CoF/bote ect

with that said, if you’re able to get 2100 in 2’s which any spec and just about any gear level is capable
even if you’re not good at the game the 2’s meta can easily make up for that
you can luck out really quickly via 415 selected AZ caps and trophies
i was lucky enough to have 2/3 445 BiS AZ on like week 2 or 3 of this season with the 3rd being pve vendor specific

1 Like

This is actually a great idea.

At this point in the season, you’ll have to do mythic+ for easy 430 gear.

1 Like

So I spent 9 weeks capping and getting mostly useless/weak PvP gear in order to reach the 430s, and someone else can just skip right to it?

So you think everyone and the game and alts should suffer because you grinded out their horrible system?

If you worked through the 415’s on 1 character the 430’s should be unlocked for your account.

4 Likes

Welcome to BFA.

Conquest caps should increase as your ilvl goes up. If you’re above 425+ it should be random between 430-445 imo.

3 Likes

Excellent idea. I could settle for that since they make this scaling in effect throughout pve.