Let us hide Moonkin already

Blizz, if you don’t want to make new models, understandable, a lot going on. So, just give us a glyph like Stars that totally hides the form. We are all okay with this.

If you’re concerned about issues regarding PVP, just make the thing stop working any time the player enters a PVP situation. We are all okay with this.

Stop undoing your work. You gave us these great transmog options that you worked really hard on, you gave us these updated player models and animations and these beautiful spell effects, it’s all there, just sitting there, waiting to be marveled at and appreciated, and instead we have this mechanic that obscures it, either through a N64-era Manbearpig, or as a blue transparent ghost. It almost feels like a prank. Is this a prank?

Blizzard, I must ask, what is your motivation for this? To me, it seems like the origin of the Moonkin form was just to give Balance druids something to transform into because, well, they are druids and druids transform into things.

I would like to propose an alternate philosophy for how to handle the Balance Druid. Consider the following:

1.) Melee DPS Druid transforms into cat because: cat attacks stuff good.
2.) Tank Druid transforms into bear because: bear tanks stuff good.
3.) Ranged spellcaster Druid stays in humanoid form because: sapient humanoid cast spells good.

I mean, does that not make sense? Feral and guardian druids transform into animals because they are of a physical nature and are using the physical animalistic power of those forms. You didn’t need to invent a bizarre spell-casting animal form for us to use.

I don’t want the Moonkin removed, obviously, because some people like it, it’s become iconic over time, and I know some people like playing in that form (at least, people claim this) but I want the option to hide it.

To those of you who like the Moonkin, that’s fine, but please don’t pretend that this is some integral aspect of the class’s gameplay, mechanics, lore, or fantasy that shouldn’t be optional. It’s not, and you know it’s not.

To those of you who would tell me to “just use glyph of the stars”, I do use it, and I do appreciate its inclusion into the game, but they would have made everyone happier and saved themselves some work if the glyph just made Moonkin form hidden entirely. One of the big problems that Blizzard has is constantly undoing their own work. Go run an experiment. Hop on a balance druid and start executing your spell rotation without Moonkin form active, and look at how amazing everything looks whenever your character isn’t obscured. Look at how much better everything looks when you are not a blue ghost. To see your actual character, in the flesh, as themselves, casting spells, man, what a beautiful sight. And it’s all right there. Already made. But we can’t see any of it, because we are either a chicken or a blue ghost. So, why are we still doing this?

2 Likes

More mogs might help too like more forms for bear, cat, travel and chicken.

I am 99% sure blizzard is much more likely to allow the form to be hidden and 99% sure the majority of players would pick that option, even with more Moonkin forms.

1 Like

They could also just offer a variation of the Glyph of Stars without the ghostly blue overlay and just the star particles around your character.

3 Likes

I used to laugh every time I shifted into moonkin form. The goofy rotating helicopter-ish wing animations when casting look so ridiculous. Now I cringe and ask myself “Why?” then shift back into guardian and go about my questing. Lmao

PS- Even if Blizz would just add a top hat to the Moonkin form it would be more interesting.

1 Like