Let us get the new Dinar outside of raids in S4

Now, before anyone asked let’s head off the question “why do you need X item if you don’t raid?” I don’t, none of us do, but since this a fun experimental season let us earn one by doing a weekly quest to do 10 M+ or something.

Or instead of crafting an item with sparks let us trade in 3 sparks for 1 dinar, so we can spend 6 sparks to get 1 item meaning we get less items but can target raid items and save gold.

2 Likes

You can get dinar from lfr, it’s practically free.

4 Likes

No. If you want raid rewards do the raid.

A 10 in the new season isn’t exactly going to be a reasonable ask.

Who cares about players getting loot in S4? Let people get dinars through weekly world quests. There’s no more progression until TWW. Loot should rain from the sky for anyone sticking it out this season.

1 Like

Honestly I agree. Let’s get flooded in Dinars and have fun. :smiley:

1 Like

Aren’t the dinars only for raid items?

I may be wrong.

1 Like

You’re absolutely correct :white_check_mark:

buys gavel oh wait wrong expansion :joy:

2 Likes

Bingo

1 Like

Thank you, I actually wasn’t aware of that so I appreciate the heads up!!!

Still, Honestly I’d rather do M+ dungeons even if they’re harder than slog through an LFR AFK.

Specific reply: They have attached cosmetics as well.

Reply to thread as a whole: I like the idea because of the creativity and opening up of differing playstyles, but at the same time I feel like it would need to still be of equal challenge. From my understanding of the new dungeon system, a m+ 10 isn’t going to be quite on par with raiding. Then again, people are saying you can get this currency through LFR so I don’t know for sure where the item levels become comparable for content.

This system really confuses me, honestly. I watched a Youtube video going over it, but I still don’t understand it. I am currently under the impression that you have to roll need against your entire group to get 1 currency, which makes it seem like getting much-- if anything-- off the vendor seems unlikely unless you’re doing every difficulty of the raid, every week.

2 Likes

My understanding is the only non-gear item on the vendor is the slime kitty, which was a reward for doing all 3 fated raids on normal or higher during SL.

I would consider that a raid reward.

Are there other cosmetics? I don’t follow it super well so maybe there are.

I don’t raid and I don’t care about the gear, but I want the slimecat. I haven’t run LFR since Castle Nathria but I’ll slog my way through it if it actually awards dinars (or whatever they are called now).

1 Like

You can get the dinars in LFR it’s much easier than a 10 M+. There might be a few hiccups in LFR, but still better than a 10 M+.

1 Like

Wowhead is a little vague on it, honestly, but it does claim a fourth vendor is exclusively cosmetic:

The fourth vendor exclusively sells cosmetic weapon appearances for one bullion, as well as the Shadowlands [Forum edit: slime mount] for three bullion!

They do not specify what these appearances are or anything.

I don’t mind the raid-specific rewards, either way (although I wish we could get some official blue-news clarification on how this system works, because as mentioned in my previous reply it’s currently a little confusing imo) but I did think the initial concept of making rewards earnable by various playstyles would be cool, so long as each playstyle’s version met the same level of challenge to earn it (for example: you shouldn’t just get 1 currency for doing your weekly, IMO).

1 Like

At some point there still needs to be a reason to raid.

According to a video I watched you can get a piece of gear to use for 2 dinar… or the same piece of gear purely cosmetic for 1 dinar.

So basically if you don’t care about actually having the gear for power level you can get twice as many pieces for cosmetic purposes. If I’m understanding that right tossing your alts into LFR just to get cosmetics for your main may be the way to go

1 Like

Nice.

It’s hard for me to tell, but do you know if it’s still just the raid items that are the cosmetics?

1 Like

From the screenshot/thumbnail yea I think it was just the raid items. Could be wrong or it could change but that is my 90% assumption

1 Like

Same I was looking at a screenshot from the vendor and wasn’t able to tell.

1 Like