Let SoM characters transfer to Wrath Classic

Really?
It’s never been offered to Classic Era (cloning would not work if the character was created after the snapshot) and doubt it will be.

It hasn’t been offered in classic era because it isn’t a current season. SoM is current and when it comes to a close they’ll offer a way for people not to lose their characters. It’s really that simple.

Yes, please.

I’m hoping for a really obnoxious flying mount to be added to the super-deluxe collectors edition.

1 Like

sparkling rainbow pony?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure we’ll be getting that in the cash shop anyway.

Whatever it is, I want it named the Peytuweenlol.

1 Like

They have already said what is happening with SoM characters.

No mention of moving to a TBCC realm either paid or free. Nor has that been offered to Classic Era, where the remnants of SoM will roam.

That would be great. Think instead of a toy they should offer the Tabard of Frost.
Looting of TCG items has already happened so carry on!

1 Like

We all know what blizzard has said but I’m just saying what I actually think they’ll do from a pr or $$ stand point :man_shrugging:t2:

:wave:

I don’t wear tabards except inside WotLK dungeons.

1 Like

My troll warrior either needs a race change or a spinal reconstruction. It’s your choice blizzard, one or the other!!!

1 Like

noooooo
find a good chiropractor in OG

just don’t race change to human

sorry to all the era players but i really, really wish it wasnt like this. I like my SOM characters but CE will be a graveyard for them and all (hopefully) potential future seasonal characters. I will still post this every time this topic comes up but I hope they walk this back and let us xfer to a TBC or wrath server whenever the time comes. (and whatever expac is currently on going) i would even be happy xfering there at 60 and leveling the rest of ways to cap with some of these characters, especially if there is a gap between seasonal server launches. It would help bring some fresh blood to TBC and breathe some life into the old world in TBC since leveling doesnt really happen all that much.

I know some TBC people think that it would “cheapen” their time spent leveling in OG classic since som players had bonus exp but I dont really get that bc the payed boost cheapened it way more.

I think that letting SoM transfer to WotLK would be fair and justified, but I’ll probably just eat the boost cost to try another class.

Microsoft seems to be shifting Blizzards focus from “squeezing existing players for every dollar they got” to “making games people want to play and keep playing”, which would dictate that you let the people who spent a year paying for and levelling a char just play the cool new thing with the char they’ve grown attached to. But then again, $15 is $15.

1 Like

You chose to play on a seasonal server. Live with the consequences of your choice.

1 Like

Yep. I will eventually abandon my seasonal character unless i can move them to tbc/wrath. i am aware. still can have some wishful thinking they might change their mind

ABK is not under MSFT control or influence yet, and may never. There’s a massive regulatory hurdle to get through before that can happen.

Your line of reasoning regarding MSFT is not entirely true either. Their Win11 adoption strategy tells a different story and aims to undo all their previous efforts to keep the global user base synchronized on the same platform.

The gaming department @ Microsoft actually seems competent and focused on long term. One can always hope.

2 Likes

Playing on a progression server would have been the better call then

I mean I do. I have a 70 troll rogue and a 64 draenei spriest on TBC servers. I have just been enjoying this specific character and my warrior alt a lot and will be sad to see them go. Parking them on my TBC servers feels nicer. Its prolly just some sort of psychology thing. Im not the biggest fan of TBC past leveling which is why i pretty much main SoM now.

edit: azeroth leveling is pretty dead last time i checked and i absolutely despise boosting.