Let people voice their opinions about beta (good or bad)

Log out of the website and back in again.

2 Likes

I have zero control over what anyone says. I can also disagree as much as I want.

There are dedicated forums for constructive Beta feedback. I understand that for some people are having difficulty getting into those forums. Of course I wonder if the players have taken the steps blizz has suggested. Or even trying a different browser or clearing out cookies to help fix that situation.

If they are still having problems getting into the forum after that. I would suggest to use the in game bug report feature.

However I believe most of the posts receiving negative feedback on these forums are mostly just people complaining about situations that Blizzard has already acknowledged and stated they are working on those issues.

Or people complaining that a 2nd day beta release is not a finished and polished product.

For anyone who has access to beta and you are actually interested in helping the testing process. I would strongly suggest that if and when you come across a problem. Take notes on what you were doing, Class you were playing, Mods you may have installed and all that other interesting information that could prove helpful towards the Devs and make a constructive post/bug report about it.

Don’t just come to the forums and scream and cry about beta being bad and its not ready. WE know it is not ready. That is why it is in Beta and not a Final Release.

1 Like

This feels like a trap

You don’t know that. You have no idea what is messing with the servers.

They already said it will be fixed today.
Its just a poorly implemented server. Thats all.

This is false. Stress testing backend tech is also part of beta, because it’s a much larger pool of people to stress test it. And now that they know what the backend tech needs due to y’all stress testing it, they can fix it. Like they said they will.

I did the same thing during closed beta for Palia.

Palia was a new game.
Wow has been running for 20 years. Their servers for the live game work fine :stuck_out_tongue:

That doesn’t mean that you know the cause.

Irrelevant. The engine for WoW is updated every single expansion and backend tech changed for Delves, as well.

Its common sense really that the server wasnt set up properly but to each their own.

shrug

For all we know they wanted to use beta to test a new server set up option.

They were referring to the fact that you don’t know what was causing the problem with the servers. It may of been hardware related or software. It may of been just not having enough servers up and going.

We as player base have no idea what caused the issue. What we do know is that Blizz believes they were able to identify the issue and sent out a statement that they will be working on the problem

What technical background do you have to be able to make this call?

I watched all episodes of Mr Robot.

1 Like

Thats true, but neither do the people saying that its totally an intended part of the beta test for the servers it run off of to not work.
Even though the alpha servers did.
And the fact theyre expecting to have it fixed within 24 hours is also a good indication that its not intended.

It isn’t. It’s you assuming without realizing how much gets changed every expansion. The entire backend tech changed for smoother integration between zones so that it’s not like Zaralek and then Delves tech was also added, etc.

That makes backend tech work differently and require stress testing.

1 Like

Of course it wasnt intended. It definitely was not intended for the server to go down. I dont think anyone implied otherwise.

And i assume you have a source for saying that its all changed and required stress testing?
That people being unable to log in was the intended launch of beta?
Or are you just assuming? Because it sounds like you are tbh

I do not believe anyone is saying the Servers having trouble was a intentional part of the Beta testing. I believe the point people are trying to make is that a part of beta testing is trying out new equipment or settings during beta testing and the beta testers are there to Test the current build in what ever its iteration to see how it is working.