Let people voice their opinions about beta (good or bad)

Yeah i agree with this.
I stated that i do not think its part of the beta and they just set up the server for it wrong.
I only argued the case when people tried to tell me i was wrong and its a “stress test”

Yeah i saw they said it will be fixed today and i have no issues with that :slight_smile:

I asked for your source and you gave a source of “i know how it works” which isnt a source at all.
What was i meant to take away from that?

Yeah, but you also made some rather strong statements concerning the reasoning for the servers being down.

Thats the point.

You seem not to want others to make assumptions, but you clearly do. My replies have mostly been based around “we dont know whats up, lots of things could be happening”

The devs don’t care about useless ranting on the forums.

flagged for spam ….

Youre right, looking back it was only sendryn who was trying to flat out say i was wrong.
Having multiple people replying to me at once must have made their stance seem like the prominent one. (As well as seeing it be claimed in other threads).

Guess i got defensive at the wrong people.
For that i apologise.

Doesn’t matter if it’s

Alpha
Beta
Major patch
Minor patch
Early access
Expansion

It’s better to expect the first day to be a mess with delays or bugs or login issues.

It’s not an excuse for blizzard. Wish it was better, but realistically it’s typically not.

I mean even turning on weekly timewalking is typically scuffed

I’m pretty sure the general consensus is that you should be posting your issues in the beta thread with proper details on what’s going on instead of REEEEing in the GD where it’s unlikely anyone from QA is going to be reading when there’s already a dedicated section for them to be focusing on…

ROFL. You obviously are not familiar with the forums.

This has to be bait right?

The devs don’t care and never will as long as this cash cow prints money.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The only time they ever listened is when they banned nude mods and the entire RP playerbase left, and then they walked it back and unbanned us after realizing we keep the game alive during content droughts.

So let me see if I understand the TL;DR of this thread. People are giving unhelpful, angry complaints, then complain that their posts are ignored or belittled by other players. OP thinks it is Blizzard white knights, when really OP just thinks that, just because HE includes details about his issues when reporting them, everyone who is “omg this sucks” were obviously giving detailed feedback and it can’t possibly be that their feedback was just bad. Clearly we’re all just Blizzard suckups. k, got it.

1 Like

If some one is angry at the neglect of shaman or simply saying they get DC’d alot I would say that is a helpful indication that these issues ought be addressed.

Server stability isn’t what is being tested in beta, and it’s certainly not what’s being advertised. That’s just poor planning, or just plain negligence, especially when you’re using the beta as some selling point for pre-purchases.

Blizz should have at least made sure the beta was stable enough for players to actually enter and test the game before setting a date and allowing players on.

It may or may not of been a planned test. But it was obviously something the beta testers helped identify as a issue that the devs will keep an eye on.

The difference between a Alpha test vs a Beta test is night and day. At least how Blizzard handles them. One has a quite limited amount of people testing things out and other is cracking open the flood gates and hoping the amount of people trying things out will show problems that a smaller group would of not noticed or encountered.

That’s really the point though, it’s not really something that should’ve required beta testers to identify, and should’ve been anticipated. Using beta access as some carrot on a stick to pre-purchase just for there have been no anticipated work made to allow to run smoothly is not the best look, and has people rightfully upset.

The same thing will likely happen on early access and launch day as well.

Actually, it does matter though. If anything, having people flood the forums with useless and unactionable feedback drowns out the issues that can actually be addressed and fixed.

Pointless raging doesn’t help and won’t make the “dev bums get their act together”. It only makes filtering to find the legit feedback harder.

4 Likes

It certainly seems we are on different pages if not entirely different books.

To me beta testing a game is first and foremost testing to help identify issues for the devs so that the rest of the player base will have a smoother experience on launch.

I’ll be voicing my opinion when I can play for more than 5 minutes before disconnecting. I’m not complaining, I know it’s beta and it can get rather unstable, but I can’t exactly form an opinion about the content of the game either.

Except this has nothing to do with TWW itself, it’s isolated to just negligence of the developers. This will happen again in the early access and the release, nothing about us reporting it now is going to change that. Servers should’ve been stable and ready for heavy load before the release of the beta, or at least should have been somewhat working instead of just completely offline and instable.

I would agree. You can’t test a beta, if you can’t access it.

And as I stated before, perhaps in this thread or a different one. We don’t know what caused the unstable servers. It could of been negligence, it could of been new server hardware that they are testing, new changes in the software for the servers, or even settings with TWW on their side.

It is better for the beta testers to have this issue than to have it happen launch. Which I have seen happen before with BC.

Do I believe it will happen again on the early access. Yep I do. And again on full launch. Every time they release a exorbitant amount of people onto the servers it will stress the hardware and software. But Everytime it happens with this release the more they can narrow down the causes and pushes for a more permanent fix and a quicker solution.

1 Like