Let paladin dual wield

Why cant paladins dual wield? I think its be awesome to see how Pallys are if they could dual wield.

2 Likes

I just feel like there would be much greater uses for talents that arent meta if we could DW

Lore…

Please, no. Just No.

2 Likes

I think it would be fun to see prot paladins dual wielding shields.

However I feel like removing the weapon type requirements from paladin abilities would be a better change. (I.E. how ret spenders require 2handers, while shield of righteousness requires a shield) and its not like Paladins would be the only class that would benefit from this.

1 Like

What I wouldn’t give to go around bashing people with two shields like something out of Blade and Sorcery.

Maybe one day. I know that would be a lot of fun dual wielding 2h weapons like a warrior or 1h weapons. That would be epic… also if Word of Glory did as much dmg as it heals u for would be awesome in an aoe burst…

I have always wanted paladin dual-wielding. Imagine playing normal ret, but AoW proccs every 3 seconds. It’d be wild man.

1 Like

I’d love dual wielding Paladins, but I really, really want a Sword and Board style Paladin DPS style, that’d be sweet too.

1 Like

Now for a wild idea, dual wielding sheilds, but its a dps spec AND its a ranged caster spec.

Lmao.

Let paladin

d

ual w

ie

ld

A “Holy Strength” type of talent that works similar to the Crusader’s power in Diablo III that lets them use a two-hander in the main hand and a shield in the offhand.

Though technically, I wouldn’t mind being able to equip a shield as nothing more than a visual change (no stat bonuses or anything) just for flavor if it is too hard to balance otherwise. Most likely won’t ever happen though.

I want warriors to be able to dual wield shields and be able to use a 2h wep in prot spec, have death knights able to use shields in frost spec that is a talent made ice shield… but I have never once in my life wanted a paladin to dual wield anything.

We would be ret version of frost. If blizzard wanted us to dw they would need to redesign ret or add in a 4th spec for it. But more than likely they would redesign ret. And give us a ability to dw. But for a time in bfa when you completed a campign it showed Lady Liadrin with 2 1h weapons on her waist so she was dw. IIRC it was after Sylvanas betrayed the horde at org. the cut scene to finish that quest.

I can only support DW if it’s a 4th spec, let’s name it zealot.

It’ll most likely be biased on the idea of a paladin gone over the edge, and would be willing to torture people to convert them to the let, and would have talents named “Tell me your secrets” as a call out to the scarlet crusade.

But other then that, I’m more in support in letting paladins weild 2-handers and a sheild (at the same time) rather then DWing.