Length of SOM 1, what is even SOM 2?

Did you enjoy playing in the raid when you had them?

If the only thing you didn’t like about world buffs was collecting them, we have different experiences. It was extremely easy to get world buffs on fairbanks because you were summoned to every location, and once boon was added it was a joke.

Considering raiding was the only time I could play my Warrior of course I enjoyed raiding.

What I didn’t enjoy was the other 6 nights a week where I couldn’t touch my Warrior unless it was to go get song flower Or the dark moon fair buff Or war chiefs or dragon slayer or the dire maul buffs.

I made a Warrior to play a Warrior Full time not not 3 to 4 hours 1 night A week and my alts the rest of the time while watching timers Waiting on the next buff I needed to collect

You were getting buffs 6 days early every week? I mean dude, it sounds like you have a time management issue. Most of my guild members got buffs the day of.

1 Like

Why in the world would you not be able to play your warrior outside of raids? That makes zero sense because it doesn’t take 7 days to keep buffs. How did you make gold if you couldn’t play?

Same for my guild. Maybe, MAYBE our main rank would get buffs two days before on DMF week or something. Otherwise he got them like 2 hours before like everyone else

Some of the SoM changes were good. The leveling speed increase is fine. There’s always Eternal Classic for the ‘purists’. The world buff change was fine. The anti-boost stuff was necessary. Where they went wrong was appeasing the 1% of e-sport driven players. There was no need to buff raids and massively increase boss health. The lack of world buffs inherently made raids harder. I feel like the majority of people playing on a Classic server just want to chill out, relax, and experience what can’t be experienced anymore. Community should come to the forefront. Social aspects should be augmented.

What they should have done, and should definitely do in the next season, is increase the viability of more specs in a raid environment. It’s not very difficult to do. Don’t obsess over numbers and make sure every spec hits the same peaks at every aspect of the game. Just make specs playable. For example, an spriest does good damage, but goes oom quickly. So just add an mp5 factor to Vampiric Embrace. Stuff like that. It should be about the experience. This is a Classic server. You don’t need world first races where everything is an ultra challenge. I think that stuff is bad for Retail, and it’s atrocious for Classic.

3 Likes

I’ve always said classic is a social game to smash bosses with the boys loot purples go pvp level alts drink beer etc. trying to make som into an embarrassing esports failure was the epitome of lol. I totally agree. There’s like what 3 horde guilds clearing bwl? Interesting design

3 Likes

So I just watched both of you leap to the same logical extreme while omitting the exact same thing that discounts the “arguments” you tried making. You are BOTH gaslighting anyone who disagrees with you and going after strawmen of your own making.

Buffs have timers. If you are logged in with a buff, even if it’s to get another buff, it ticks down. Chronoboon was a phase 6 add. It was not in from the start meaning if you got buffs, you had to stay logged out to keep their timers high for raid night.

Since you both just outed yourselves as :poop:posters, this is where this conversation ends.

That’s baseless entirely but since I know you’re looking for a way out without looking foolish I will politely let you exit the conversation. Cheers

Bruh, grow up and get off tiktok. Nobody’s gaslighting you.

SOM2 is very unlikely. It could happen, but I doubt it.

SOM1 is currently in a death spiral and it’s only going to get worst by time AQ comes out.

SOM2 cannot be successful without extensive changes. Were talking new raid content, new dungeon content, and probably pvp overhaul.

At this point they might as well design classic + and take us through TBC+ and WOTLK+. OR better yet. at the end of wotlk, just give us a new raid, new dungeons, and keep building on it. No expansion, just regular patches as if WOTLK never ended with ICC.

The only valid criticism Chronoboon ever warrants is that it took the devs too long to implement it.

3 Likes

Nah tbc/wotlk onward is just progression servers. You’ll be railroaded nicely into the shadowlands. New content/raids starts in actual Classic - Era!

They REALLY don’t understand the silent masses, and they never have. Who were they trying to appeal to?

2 Likes

No one. They watched a few speed run guilds on stream and thought removing wbuffs and buffing bosses would bring Method to classic. A faulty judgement

1 Like

warriors and rogues are the main classes who defend wbuffs

THIS!
THIS!
Thank you both for saying so.
Agreed.

The removing of world buffs was a good decision.
Without world buffs, people are happy.

You are playing with the wrong players obviously

That’s not what I said… I stated world buffs advocate for server coordination, world pvp, and a reason to die. What don’t you get about this? There is none of this on som. It is completely nonexistent. Tell me otherwise? Good luck. I’m on the one server for som. I see what’s going on. There will always be vanilla players who are not only boring but want to play a scripted style of game such as yourself, but a large reason som as a whole is smaller in pop than one tbc server is because these indirect attractions to som are gone.

1 Like

There’s no proof that the lack of world buffs contributes to the lower population of SoM compared to TBC.
By your logic, classic era servers should be just as popular as the TBC servers because they both allow for world buffs. That’s some failed logic.

TBC is more populated because it’s the latest of the progressive expansions going on which is what most of the wow nerds want to be apart of, reliving their glory years. Plus TBC is the most beloved WoW expansion from what I’ve read over the years.

I know you are very vocal in advocating for world buffs, but believe me, you’re the minority there. I’ve witnessed many players in the official WoW community and the private server community express their dislike for world buffs because it creates a game in which they feel obligated to do extra chores just participate with everyone else. It’s clearly bad game design to most people. Similar to what was said here:

I don’t see how this can be defended. You’ve mentioned that the existence of world buffs provides the players with a sense of world PvP coordination and a reason to die, but this could easily be achieved through other means without forcing the rest of the playerbase to feel like they can’t play their main character without risking their inability to participate in raids with their guildies/friends.

I’m sorry my friend, but you’re wrong here. Dead wrong. That’s why world buffs get disabled on so many private servers. The community does not want to bother with them.
People don’t have time.
Most just want the ability to jump on and play with their friends.