Legitimate Paladin Questions

You will have to try it out and see how far into higher level dungeons you can go with ret.

You can totally get away with healing in ret spec as long as you have a decent set of gear depending on the group and how careful they are in the dungeon.

1 Like

So I guess it won’t be as black and white as I’d like it to be lol.

While leveling you can generally get away with healing in a leveling spec and just keeping a set of +int gear.

As far as respeccing full healer, I’d probably not do that until 60 as leveling as a pure healer build can be painful.

When it comes to Paladin healing, baseline they already have most of their healing strength. The main benefit of going holy is mana efficiency through the Illumination talent, which is not going to be a big deal for you until you get some gear with spell crit on it. It might mean you need to stop to drink more often in dungeons, but you can do without it all the way to 60.

That said if you want, you can also do a hybrid build that’s something along the lines of 21/0/30. That build can heal even into raids, but doesn’t give up Retribution’s damage talents for solo content. It’s close to what I used in Vanilla myself, even at 60.

1 Like

you can raid in ret, you wont be top damage and some guilds would prefer you as holy but every guild is different.

It’s doable but not viable.

Like I said before, you can heal in Ret with a 2nd set of cloth gear with +int / spirit / +healing

1h / Shield is a must as you will get the most stats out of it.

Don’t be in any rush to respec until it becomes an issue for you.

1 Like

it was a joke bro - irony is your friend - but as far as your comment that you won’t raid unless you’re Holy, the Spelladin says, “Hold my beer…”

or go 11/26/14 Trispec to pickup Blessing of Sanctuary and AoE tank for your guild and then swing Nightfall the rest of the time while wearing 8/8 Tier 1 for group AoE heals in either the Main Tank or Warlock group and become the ultimate support class/spec in the entire game

https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/paladin/AvAQBD_QccADPJFw

1 Like

I still think you should call it something cooler like spellblade.

ive tried man, but dexter was adamant - he wrote the guide, made the videos and worked up the bis lists for the playstyle - I’m just the messenger lol

Spellblade sounds much better but doesn’t fit into the “adin” naming convention.

2 Likes

Well… if Spell Blade Mc Spellerdin doesn’t out DPS a Rogue, he’s not going.

So you’re not bringing any hunters because they don’t outdps rogues in classic?

1 Like

why would you bring a Rogue when you could just bring another Fury Warrior then who are top dps and top tank in the same spec?

and round and round we go…

ding ding ding

Actually, no, roflmao, no…

Hunters had bad raid dps, Google it.

No Barn Owls either.

I know they had bad raid dps. But you still had to bring them because of tranq shot.

Oh, I agree.

And this Min/maxing is going to open a lot of eyes to these “so called” “Classic Lovers”

I tend to believe maybe 25% of these Hardcore forum Classic Lovers have ever even played it.

Yes, just 1 though.

And see how fast your core raid group collapses when everyone is fighting over the same gear.

I can’t wait till Shammy gear drops for Alliance and these Classic Lovers go…“huh?”

If they stay true to 1.12, that won’t happen in raids.

They fixed it by then? It’s all a blur.