Legendary memory dungeon runs

Well, good thing I did my Mythics for the week on Tuesday and unknowingly screwed myself out of benefiting from said hotfix. >.>;

2 Likes

Yeah man. Do you need to be loot eligible to the memories? Because that seems kinda shady for the go-getters.

1 Like

This continues to be a sad joke. My last dungeon run I had all 4 other players bail after the first boss. I WAS THE ONLY ONE LEFT! Sure the lfg dumped 4 new players in to join me but my God is this stupid. This keeps happening…

1 Like

Sorry, but this will not solve the problem of players leaving the dungeon, unless they are doing mythical dungeons.

With this “Loot is loot” philosophy, it’s not just with the legendary items that players are doing this. Dungeon Heroic currently only serves to farm gold, because it is the only thing that drops with a 100% chance. I see several players entering a dungeon to farm a boss who doesn’t even drop a memory for that class and leaving after not getting an item.

Fantastic! This is everything I wanted. I’m good now.

Too bad this went in yesterday instead of Tuesday though :sob: I knew I should have held off on Theater of Pain…

I wish Blizzard would give them 1hr deserter debuff. 24hrs on Mythic difficulty, LOL.

1 Like

It should theoretically improve queue times on normal and eventually heroic as it will be less of a tank/healer backlog that has to be filled each time someone leaves.

The only people actually queueing for relative difficulties following this will be people who need the gear as well.

Must have been a group of friends or a guild group.

My condolences.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I don’t really care - I don’t see why the legendary patterns aren’t just 100% drop rate. It’s not like we get a legendary from the drop.

Still have to get Soul Ash, still have to get the other pieces, still can only wear one legendary.

So yeah, I don’t really understand it. But this is an improvement I guess.

1 Like

Considering mythic isn’t queued content, that’s not gonna happen. Also, who would quit a mythic right now, since it’s the best source of gear atm. Think about it.

Actually doing stuff for the community in a positive way???

Who are you, and what have you done with Blizzard?

Mind resetting my mythic Plaguefall lockout that I did on Tuesday?

Not really, since what it would cause is simply less tanks and healers in the queue period.

Now let’s pray for all the specs whose only useful legendary drops in Nathria that the droprate there is 100%…

Came here to say this.

All Blizz did was make it so people leave the dungeon early because they GOT their item instead of NOT getting it and leaving, lol…

2 Likes

But now those people won’t be being asked by the game to chain-run content (well, as much) they can’t get upgrades from just to get this silly legendary recipe. That means those peeps won’t be in the queue at all. Probably means longer DPS queue times, but also more stable groups, because the peeps that will be there will be there for the gear.

1 Like

Thank you Kaivax.

The amount of people leaving groups is a bit astonishing because I just leveled my Paladin tank last night to 60, started doing dungeons, and I was put in Theater and De Other Side at least 3-4 times because the tanks were quitting after bosses. I even queued with 2 other guild mates and we were put in half-finished dungeons as well.

As a player it’s been incredibly frustrating having to run these dungeons 15+ times in a row to get their Legendary item. I think I am at run #20 in Mists just to get a trinket I want.

I will admit I have been one of those people who’ll just quit after the 1st boss and keeps trying again. The reason is simply I have to be efficient with my time and as a healer/tank you can literally get almost instant queues. It takes 5-8 minutes to get to the first boss in some of these dungeons and you can just leave and come back again if it doesn’t drop what you want. It’s a source of frustration on the players end after they’ve done it 5-10 times and just want it done and over with. It’s made me hate some of these dungeons.

I feel things would be much better if the Legendary items dropped only at the last boss and it was a secondary roll like conduits instead of being a primary drop. The better solution would be making dungeon tokens or currency where players can buy the things they want.

2 Likes

First dungeon today, 3rd boss has three memories, tank and healer leave after it’s down.

What’s the drop rate going to look like for the ones that come from the raid? My best Legendary comes from Nathria and considering the sky high prices on the AH I’d rather not craft anything until I get my best.

That would make sense to base it on difficulty but if past expansions are any indicator, normal dungeons will soon be harder to complete than mythic ones.