Legendary Axe Will Set You Back Over 1 Million Gold!

Better get your credit cards out and buy some WoW Tokens because with current prices (expected to go up) will set you back 1.1 million gold in crafting reagents.

Can we PLEASE STOP having gold sink legendary items please. It sucks because at in Dragonflight you need to fork out about $100 USD per Legendary in WoW tokens.

Edit: Holy Moly this was quoted in a PCGamesN Article :smiley:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-warcraft/wow-race-to-world-first-fyr-alath-cost

45 Likes

Or play the game and farm.

60 Likes

Stop buying virtual, actually worthless items?

29 Likes

With this new dev team I just hope it doesn’t get super restricted such as no using in M+s, no using in arenas or RBGs… with the dev team that we got currently, I wouldn’t put it past them to put such restrictions on the weapon.

And then it will be made into an unobtainable legacy weapon in new expac prepatch.

2 Likes

Do I need to remind everyone that the cost of mats is dictated almost entirely by hype around the item and the price will plummet the same as it did with the evoker one. It was barely 70k after a month or so…

30 Likes

Yep I have about 2 million gold in retail. I haven’t played really since like 1 month into DF.

And I was lazy with gold making in SL/BFA. One secret they miss is to not raid log.

1 Like

What are the mats for this axe?
And don’t you get weapon from mythic?

2 Likes

It shouldn’t cost an absurd amount of gold for something that is an RNG drop.

No, it just gets nerfed by 50% or so in PvP.

Unfortunately some mats are super in high demand. You need 3 Obsidian Cobraskins (always have been expensive), 10 Shadowflame Essence, and 200 Resonant Crystals and 50 awakened order. These are going to be expensive and about 80% of the total price needed to obtain.

8 Likes

As far as I know its pure RNG from any difficulty, instead of a reward from the most difficult Mythic boss.

3 Likes

Like the Evoker Legendary, its 100% drop chance for whoever kills Mythic Fyrakk 1st, then (assuming it will be the same) its a low chance on all difficulties with LFR having the lowest and Mythic having the highest.

4 Likes

Right, so pure RNG from any difficulty.

2 Likes

Seeing as I am playing my Lock more than anything else these days I have no reason to do either for something my class can’t use.

If others choose to do so it’s okay for them to do so, it’s their pocketbook in game and irl.

I get the frustration, I do but it’s a choice at the end of the day to go after it and if people want it bad enough they will find a way.

4 Likes

Ya but Heroic and Mythic have bad luck protection increasing the odds of it dropping (assuming the same as the Evoker one).

2 Likes

It’s obviously meant to sell tokens. Blizz loves that cheddar. :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

13 Likes

1 mill isn’t an absurd amount, hasn’t been for 5 expacs now.

6 Likes

Well Locks and Rogues will always be fun to play.

I was gearing my DK to hopefully try and get it but where its going to be a gold sink I’m just not going to try and get it until expansions later.

Depends on the context, 1 Mil gold for a vanity cosmetic/pet not an issue.

1 Mil gold for a BiS item that first requires you to get the base via an RNG drop, issue.

8 Likes

Not something I can use anyway on any of my characters but that’s actually not that much these days.

1 Like

What had to be done for frostmourne?

1 Like

Wouldn’t be very legendary if they just gave it to you for free with minimal work put in

7 Likes

Should be $1000 for anyone who would buy tokens for a legendary.

4 Likes