Legendary and Loot Specialization

So, simple question here:

• If I set my loot spec to Protection when fighting Fyrakk, does this mean, that as my spec is normally unable to loot 2H weapons, that the Legendary will not drop for me?

i think if you are a warrior paladin or dk it should drop
i just got the greater token from lfr on tuesday

I know that the Embers will drop since they appear to be class determined - I’m wondering if the weapon itself will drop, if my loot specialization is left on Protection… Because if it is directly tied to Spec, then Protection/Holy Paladins and Protection Warriors might be left high and dry if they forget to swap/go for their relevant trinkets off Fyrakk…

Probably not.

Well… yeah? Because it’s not for them. :dracthyr_shrug:

The trouble is that if it were part of the basic lootpool, this wouldn’t be an issue, but it isn’t… It’s Personal Loot… yet again… Whilst the trinkets are group loot, but are dependent on their loot spec when regarding rolls…

One of the many reasons the low droprate was stupid. But I don’t know of any 2h— legendary or not— that drops for Prot.

There isn’t any 2H, but the Embers do…

Embers aren’t the weapon, though.

No, but they are an item wholly dedicated to obtaining a very specific 2H weapon…

I sure wouldn’t risk it. Thankfully you can switch loot specialization between fights in raids.

“Fyr’alath can be obtained with any loot specialization for Death Knights, Paladins, and Warriors by defeating Fyrakk within the heart of Amirdrassil on all difficulties”

From a comment on WoWhead, but I cannot confirm the actual source of this or if it’s made up.

I do know that the bad luck protection dropped for my holy paladin.

1 Like

The blue post is in the article.

2 Likes