Legacy of the FROST witch, and new Enh tree feedback

If Legacy of the FROST witch resets the cooldown of ICE STRIKE, it’ll be awesome

1: More highlight into frost & elemental damage.
2: Offers choice between elemental assault (enhances stormstrike) and Enhancing ice strike.
3: Too many stormstrike related talents already.
4: Synergy with the new ice wolf . (although current version of elemental spirit is VERY underwhelming, a revision is desperately needed)

Enh tree:

• need 3 points into LL to pick Hailstorm = BAD
  • Feral lunge blocking Ascendance = BAD (really bad, wtf is this??)

Tbh, the new tree change is like 5 step backwards. I don’t think any shaman player is excited about mandatory feral lunge for their stormstrike/single target build.

3 Likes

I have more issues with the fact that PLA is blocked by a 2 point Hot Hand. PLA is a great talent choice, but essentially it’s only useable if you pick Hot Hand which is weird. PLA has always been useable without Hot Hand, and makes Lava Lash better to use in general.

1 Like

Forcing players to take Hot Hand to get to PLA seems extra bizarre because they’re two talents that are basically doing the same thing by different methods: reducing Lava Lash’s cooldown, and making it hit harder. It’s just that Hot Hand accomplishes this with RNG, while PLA does it through steady ticks.

Two talents that serve the exact same purpose but do it in different ways shouldn’t be requisites of one another, they should be a choice node.

Also, with these changes, we’re up to a whopping seven talent points in a line just to get Lava Lash up to full power. In what world does this represent an interesting series of choices? Way too many of Enhancement’s talent points are dedicated to piecemeal buffing of the same handful of abilities: 7 points for Lava Lash, 9 for Stormstrike, 8 points for building MSW, and 7 for spending it. Even Windfury Weapon takes 3 talents in a straight line just to get up to full speed.

Sweet Orc Jesus, but this is frikkin’ boring.

1 Like

agreed… hailstorm blocked by 2 points in improved LL is bad design on the tree.

Hailstorm also being nerfed to only 5 consumed maelstrom is also a really bad design.

Overflowing Maelstrom now feels under utilized with an icestrike build, as hailstorm now only carries 5 maelstrom over to Frost Shock, instead of the full 10.

This also has the unforeseen negative of wasting icestrikes, and frost shock casts, since you are waiting until 10 maelstrom to unleash your Elemental Blast, which then only gives you 5 total hailstorms to your frost shock.

Yeah, this seems like a step backwards for the enhance tree.

Hailstorm doesn’t have to be tied to LL talents, PLA should come after improved LL talents.

While I like Feral lunge as a gap closer, putting it between Stormflurry and Ascendance is a bad move. Also LOTFW, while I like the physical dmg amp, I’m worried that 10 msw feels like you lose even more SS resets, since its harder to track unless you go for overflowing maelstrom, even then you might lose a bit of maelstrom.

you know what Bliz will do??

Hailstorm now benefit from 10 stack MSW, at 7.5% per stack :rofl: