Left and Right mouse buttons stop working randomly

I may have fixed the issue for myself, I completely uninstalled the program for my mouse (Logitech G502) and reinstalled from the website and it somehow fixed my issue. I played for about 2 or 3 hours with no issues through a few Heroics.

Not sure why that would make only WoW go all weird but it did somehow. Hopefully everyone else can find a fix for it soon! Good luck.

I recall Blizzard used to respond to almost all threads in the tech support forums. Why isn’t this getting any attention?

Well the issue returned on my second arena game today… The mouse stop working in the middle of the screen but works on both the right and left side. Very interesting. Things were fine up until I played a few arena games…

2 Likes

I’ve tried all of this too. I’m having the same issue with a Razer Naga Trinity, I swapped to an old Hex and still have the same issue. The side buttons, bound F1-12 work, middle mouse clicks and scrolls do not work, it seems, for me at least it is mouse button functionality not anything else. I have my PvP trinket bound to ctrl-middle mouse, which makes it really frustrating. Not to mention click to steer and click to change direction are also not working.

My hunch is that this is related to additional mouse software not detecting the new file location for the wow.exe.
Can you check and see if the special profiles that are loaded for wow in such software are pointed to - program files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\wow.exe

Also, there have been issues related to polling speed being set higher than 125, so you may also want to check that setting.

It’s happening on both of my PCs, desktop and laptop, I even tried my touch pad on my laptop while the bug was active, didn’t work. Reload, it worked.

Posting again, the mouse issue started to get better until yesterday. Ive done every thing possible including switching out the mouse 3xs to try to fix it but in game the right button doesn’t always register not only that now the camera is acting up. Can some one please help! Not only does it happen in bg but yesterday it started to happen out in the world and just hanging out in Org.

I contacted blizzard through Twitter last week and all they said was to respond to this thread. Hey blizzard maybe its time to read the thread you linked.

If it works following a reload, then it sounds UI related. Have you reset your ui?

I have looked every where for a solution, short of relaunching and hoping it lasts long enough to make an entire arena game nothing seems to work.

guy says it fixed it but others after him kept having the issue and it has been happening to a lot of people.

I have tried all the “fixes” here. I am still having the problem. Has blizzard actually responded with something that fixes this issue?

Having the same issues and have seen many threads with zero attention from blizzard, it’s 100% something on their side causing the issue as I have tried everything.
On a side note if your buttons stop working you can launch a new game and they will work again for about 5mins

Hi

I had exactly the same problem. I’m guessing you’re using Elvui?

After a lot of playing around - it turns out it only happens after you’ve seen the loot window - Then the whole central area becomes unresponsive to mouse clicks.

If you toggle the Elvui anchors and move the [Loot / Alert Frames (grow down)] box away from the central area, The problems moves

So until Elvui fixes the the issue - move this window off to the side so it doesn’t impact play.

Ive had the same issue as well but was able to recreate with ELVUI disabled. poked around on their forums and they cant seem to identify the problem either. They have people reporting it centered around arena and the loot window and its been appearing on streams of people who don’t have ELVUI

This appears to be right from my testing

talked to a gm its ur disc overlay causing the issues. update disc. ive x’d it out totally just to see and hasn’t happen since

What disc???

What disc update?

1 Like

discord* make sure you’re running the current version and don’t use the overlay

disregard still happends