Leave the X-45 Heartbreaker alone

If you do make changes like buying it next year make sure you don’t get the exact model color.

Nor should you get the achievement if you get it any other way.

It’s a lotto win and it’s ok not to own everything in the game.

Good luck to those who are still trying.

11 Likes

Can you give us some more information or your source for the ability to purchase the rocket.

1 Like

There was a blizz post made earlier about obtaining mounts like this, honestly I don’t get why people are up in arms about it. It’s just a mount, and its sad when people have spent since the inception of its creation on multiple alts daily and still not getting a drop. Where as others just get it after a few tries, like the case of when I got headless. So their thinking about ways to make it easier to obtain.

All it comes down to in this post is “prestige” about getting lucky with a drop, when people simply have worked harder to get it in countless occasions. When the reality is there isn’t much prestige to be had, as you literally just roll the dice, over actually working at it like AotC, CE, KSM and the Dungeon Hero achievements.

30 Likes

that defeats the purpose of a rare drop

5 Likes

kekw, here comes all the people with love rocket to tell people without that they don’t deserve a random drop from a 10 second boss.

37 Likes

There is no source on making it a purchase. He’s just trolling. This is all that the blue said:

13 Likes

Looks like you’re not catching on so I’ll elaborate. I was only giving an example and nothing else.

Since they are discussing the issue changes will more than likely be happening next year.

It’s stupid that the drop rate is so low. That’s all there is to it.

They obviously don’t have to swing the pendulum to the other extreme and make it guaranteed (like they did with the recent anniversary mount/toy), but just bumping it up to the level of the Brewfest stuff would basically eliminate any issues with it.

17 Likes

Leave it alone already, it’s pixels… the drop rate itself is ridiculous. Stop spewing rumors.

3 Likes

So if it is easier for others to get it how does that hurt you personally?

Answer: It doesn’t hurt you, it doesn’t affect you, if they change it, if they make it easier to get, why not be happy that others are getting to experience it? Someone else having this mount is not a personal affront to you, it does not hurt you in the slightest, it’s time to let others have their fun too,just do your thing and let them do their thing.

16 Likes

This mount needs changes, it’s not the same for player that got it:

1. When you could spam the dungeon with a single character…

2. When the minimum level was 14

3. Now that it’s worse and you need to level up alts every year.

Besides that the % it’s ridiculous with players doing it over 10+ years, they don’t need to add to a vendor, just increase drop to 1% or a bad luck mechanic… the gameplay for the boss is awful, it requires healer, tank and dps but the fight actually can be done by 1-2 players.

It has a lot of issues, this game needs this kind of changes. I got a second headless during one halloween and it feels bad that i can’t even trade it to another player, this desing it’s just a huge time sink with a lot of issues for a good player experience.

I know there’s some players that allude to a “rarity” concept, but this kind of slot machine is too much for a game, there’s ways to keep this as a rare mount as mentioned by wowhead post : https://www.wowhead.com/news/x-45-heartbreaker-drop-chance-blizzard-evaluating-solutions-to-future-holiday-325975

8 Likes

um… You might want to check this sentence for hilarious contradictions.

2 Likes

Sorry i don’t get your point, the fight actually needs those roles for the queue but you can down those bosses with 2 dps easy.

3 Likes

As someone who has the X-45 Heartbreaker, I’m gonna say nah, the drop rate on this thing is completely out of line.

That said, if they wanted to add a new purple or white rocket to the vendor, I wouldn’t complain. More rockets are always welcome.

8 Likes

I caught on just fine. You seem to feel like a holiday mount is some huge deal and want to keep people from getting it.

This isn’t a challenge mode. It’s a holiday.

13 Likes

Unless those two DPS can’t heal themselves in some way.

1 Like

And? How does that contribute to “awful gameplay” when the DPS queue still only takes a couple minutes.

I could see that, i was mentioning that because 2 dps with current content gear can do it easy, i use warlock destru with havoc, infernal and if you’ve a tank pet… easy, that’s the thing it’s not a good challenge, it can be done by multiple combinations, i could see Rextroy and other content creators doing it SOLO.

It’s awful because, we’ve this structure like any dungeon but the fight it’s not a challenge, at least on my POV. It could be a good solo challenge like Mage tower with the mount as reward or a team fight with all the roles like a mini raid, this year i just queue, kill, queue again x 50…i did some even afk.

I’ve seen groups come close to dying, because people stand in stuff, DPS queue as healers and tanks, poop hits the fan. On a few of my runs, I’ve watched two people die.

People are speculating that it might be purchasable. I think it’s more likely that they’ll increase the drop rate somewhat and put in bad luck protection. Bad luck protection should be account-wide and retroactive. I don’t think the people who want to get it on the first day are going to get their wishes.