"Leave no Flightstone.." quest is bugged or misleading

I attempted to complete the quest “leave no flightstone unturned” by upgrading the only piece of equipment in my inventory that I could upgrade with flightstones, which was a season 2 trinket. The trinket upgraded, but the quest did not complete. ̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶f̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶4̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶g̶r̶a̶d̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶ ̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶n̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶p̶g̶r̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶s̶.̶
̶
̶I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶i̶c̶k̶e̶t̶?̶ ̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶7̶0̶ ̶f̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶1̶5̶0̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶.̶

UPDATE: The original questgiver has the correct text but it will not be obvious if a player is standing near a different upgrade vendor.

1 Like

According to Wowhead, the quest text says the following:

Acquire 50 Flightstones by defeating unique creatures, conquering dungeons and raids, completing world activities, or by looting caches. Then speak to Cuzolth and upgrade a piece of Season 4 equipment using Flightstones.

1 Like

ah, I was in the war room buying honor gear and upgraded it there where I could not see that text, just the completion requirements. Fudge.

That’s still kind of annoying. I just wasted 70 flightstones and only had 153.

he put in bold the part where it says “season 4 equipment”

which you can see if you’re talkiing to him. But if you’re over by a different upgrade vendor, what shows in your UI quest tracking, is just “Upgrade a piece of equipment with flightstones.”

1 Like

you edited your comment, you had asked if you could use the season 2 cusolth in response to him quoting the quest

because the responses indicated that people didn’t understand the situation under which the error occured. Should I not have clarified?

my point is i responded to your comment, then you edited and responded to me something completely different

Obviously, no point in putting in a ticket, since it is specified when a player accepts the quest.

Honestly, no.

The quest clearly specifies it must be Season 4 gear. Tracking may not specify that but the quest text does. That is not a bug.

Imgur

If you read the previous responses, I got that. However the quest tracking text does not say that. So, unless you remember to open the quest and double-check, the quest tracker just says “upgrade a piece of equipment” on your screen.

If you read the text quest, you would have known. This is not a bug, or something I think Blizz should waste time on. Read the quest, do the quest.

I’ll admit, there have been times I have not read a quest text and messed up, but thats on me. Totally on me.

I read the quest on Tuesday. I happened to be at an upgrade vendor this morning. Do you remember every word from 4 days ago ? Obviously I said It’s not worth a ticket, so why do you feel necessary to scold people? Does it make you feel better or something?

Actually no, I suffer from short term memory loss. There are situations when I cannot recall what happened an hour ago. That’s a me issue, it’s not ticket worthy and it’s not a bug.

I deleted the bug report. It’s annoying but I’m not that worried about it. I was just trying to be helpful.

this is why I came. same thing. Finally got around to gearing up an alt and upgraded two pieces of gear. nothing. now I know why. Thanks!