Leader of the pack or Mark of the Wild baseline again!

Druids NEED either Leader of the pack or Mark of the Wild back! Feral damage is WAY too low without at least ONE of them! The stat increases are essential to Feral doing decent DPS.

5 Likes

Neither of these would increase Feral’s DPS relative to their peers and Feral’s DPS is not currently an issue. Damage tuning will happen whether these abilities are in the game or not, their absence won’t hold Feral back.

If you want to have a conversation about utility or the feel of the rotation then that’s another story, and LotP and MotW would definitely be involved in the utility discussion, but they’re not that helpful in the DPS discussion.

3 Likes

What are you talking about?? Increasing agility OR crit would DEFINITELY increase DPS. And Ferals damage IS an issue, it’s low… Like seriously, do you even know what you’re talking about? Have you played the spec recently?

I said relative to our peers. The main value of MotW or LotP isn’t in what it does for our personal DPS, but in the group’s DPS.

Also I’m wondering if perhaps you haven’t taken a look at the DPS rankings for Ny’alotha recently? Feral is in the upper half. Has been all tier.

https:// www.warcraftlogs. com/zone/statistics/24/

(remove the spaces in the link)

~in front of the link lets you post it without a space.
~https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/24/

Edit:That being said, I’d like to see both of them returned, if nothing else than I am a grumpy old druid and get mad when you take my kitty toys away. Grabs Scratching Post and CatNip
Growls
NO YOU CANT HAVE THEM!

3 Likes

All that is is AoE spam, nothing is else. ST is abysmal.

1 Like

Do you know what common denominators are?

For the record I simmed this guy reshyk and he’s at 68k ST at ilevel 471. That’s about the level of a 460 shadow priest or balance druid.

1 Like

Don’t be that guy.

Did you also bother to look at my gear to see that I logged out in my dungeon talents and gear? Here’s me using my ST set. Is 76k more to your liking?

~https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/f7YF93r8PxKaZtGz#fight=12&type=damage-done

For the record you don’t know how to read warcraftlogs…

I ididn’t miss Mark of the Wild when it was removed with the other maintenance buffs (Blessings, Arcane Intellect, etc.), but Blizzard brought those back and should find a way to bring back Mark of the Wild even if it’s just a versatility buff.

2 Likes

I don’t think they will because of their philosophy “Bring the player, not the class”. On that note, I’m wondering why certain buffs like Battle Shout and Fortitude are in the game if they are trying to focus on a players individual skill and not passive buffs that benefit the group.

I don’t know maybe they should get rid of these buffs as passive-style and add an active component to them to make them more fun, then they can bring back LotP again maybe as a short duration buff. For example, Battle Shout could simply raise attack power for x seconds and Fortitude could add some stamima like a trinket for defensive purposes, etc.

2 Likes

They said at the beginning of BFA that they felt like they swung that pendulum too far and they wanted class to matter again. Readding Fort and Shout etc. was a direct effort to make classes matter a little more.

Ah nice, wasn’t aware of that…But why only give a few classes their buffs back though!?

Your guess is as good as mine. The change came with a reworking specifically targeting many pieces of powerful utility, so they removed a couple group stuns from classes and things like that. Why they chose those classes specifically for group buffs I couldn’t tell you.

It’s bias I tell you! Warrior priest Bias! You heart it here first folks!

1 Like

My mage has Arcane Intellect back (10% intellect to the entire party/raid), and I am still not sure why. Are 1 hour buffs really compelling gameplay? I usually forget about them completely.

We don’t need buffs back. We need better group utility. Stampeding roar was never that good to begin with, and is no longer unique to feral come shadowlands. I could see leader of the pack reimagined as something else, but just a flat % crit to everyone in the party or raid is a boring approach.

I really miss Mark of the Wild and Thorns buff, both being so iconic to the class. It was nice getting and giving these buffs.

1 Like

I lol’d