Lead Rewards Designer left Blizzard

I mean… welfare epics are a problem.

Korthia has basically completely killed interest in PuG Normal SoD for instance, because the rewards are so good.

That’s more of a knock on how players find raiding to be unfun than what Korthia is.

15 Likes

Is this the same guy who went on a Twitter rampage about how “we wouldn’t get items if he didn’t make systems” or something?

4 Likes

True, that’s why i didn’t like the idea of CC forums launch during Dec before xmas and Devs being busy and still with work issues.

That usually happens but you really need to left some works with a good last few days, don’t close your options if you need to comeback someday.

That’s another Dev, a system dev.

1 Like

yeah tbh SoD just isn’t a fun raid especially its 15 minute final boss where the first 10 are filler

4 Likes

I didn’t engage on this tier, Domination Gear/Shards killed my engagement.

2 Likes

I think that’s Jeff Hamilton who is the lead system designer and the same idiot who claimed players are sociopaths for leaving dungeons early when the leggo they needed didnt’ drop then muted everyone on twitter who pointed out it was because the system was poorly designed and encouraged players to leave that was the problem

6 Likes

The amount of communication devs have with the outside is determined by Blizzard, not them. I’ve heard podcasts talk about getting clearance from Blizzard to have former hosts who now work for Blizzard to do guest appearances.

1 Like

Imagine not putting the leggo on the last boss of the dungeon :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah that would have easily solved the problem but instead https://twitter.com/jeffahamilton/status/1334989040563601409

2 Likes

omegalul

1 Like

I know about that topic but i didn’t want to bring those hot topics that could cause issues with mods here. I really feel that Devs ignore that Meta exist and the human psychology, it’s obvious that players will quit after first boss that drop the item and queue again.

they needed to put it at the end, easy solution.

2 Likes

The solution was so obvious and would have fixed everything. Folks need to swallow their pride and just be, “oh yeah, that makes sense”.

3 Likes

I thought they learned that in Warlords. Wasn’t there some item they moved to the last boss for the inn quests?

2 Likes

I don’t remember, however sometimes i think Devs implement a good QoL and they don’t put it into a “cook book” type of file with all the good changes applied to the game that should be a thing every expansion and that’s why they commit same mistakes again.

9.2 new system has a currency value and then a timer, when we’ve Torghtas Knowledge and Box of many things without a timer, just click and learn your new perk.

the thing about blizzard is this. they learn something and fix it. Then forget it the next expansion and get confused

8 Likes

They try to reinvent the wheel with each new expansion. Sometimes it feels like they’re trying to create an all together different game.

3 Likes

tbh Blizzard has always had a somewhat antagonistic relationship with their playerbase where they think they know better. While it isn’t unfair to say that players are not game designers and aren’t 100% right when it comes to issues they are still capable of pointing out flaws and saying why this mechanic or system sucks.

But nope Blizzard will just ignore all feedback, say players “don’t get it” and go full speed ahead on heavily criticized systems like covenants and run into the problems everyone saw from a mile away

7 Likes

They like meta solutions to complex problems.

The issue is that by the time the players try out the game it is too late to change it. The game should have been designed with the playerbase in mind. If that requires research into the nature of their playerbase and what is needed to keep them paying and coming back for more, it should have been done before spending hundreds of millions on what was basically an experiment using the players as lab rats.

2 Likes

The vault itself is a good idea on paper in a game where loot would drop more frequently. You could supplement your drops with the vault to fill in slots that are lagging behind the others.

But in SL loot barely drops and you have to rely on the vault to get anything useful by minmaxing your chances of getting your BiS