Layers are killing the game for many people

I am un familiar with the back end tech. My experience is based on how different things are now compared to classic and TBC classic. It is empty now on one of the most populated servers. And that is very disappointing.

2 Likes

The reason that so many of us came back to classic IS the server based interaction, RP and PvP. Bliz. Please fix this.

6 Likes

yea layers are trash
how can warmane run with 12k+ every day and 0 layers? get real blizz. Where does the $15 a month go? Is it because someone cried on forums that they can’t pick Felweed easy enough or something

3 Likes

I take it you never used RDF which allows you to quest/gather in the open world, then returns you to the same spot once your dungeon is completed.

1 Like

Lol get real people just afk in stormwind Level 15 to max. My experience in wod and legion anyway.

no reason to ever leave, why bother? 2 dungeon runs and you already outleveled a zone, quests are janky, fill your bag with weird items, and make you run all over the place

And for those of us trying to do world event achievements, it makes it harder to find the appropriate races and or classes to throw our pumpkin heads / feathers at.

4 Likes

It feels so empty on grobb now with so many layers. Im pretty certain we can actually have less then the 5 to 8 there are now. Layers are terrible for wpvp but at least if nothing else cut it down to 2 or 3.

3 Likes

Just throwing my support in here that layers suck.

4 Likes

And what’s to stop anyone from doing that now?

WOTLKC is garbage. RIP Classic. RIP Grobb.

2 Likes

dont make me say something thats gonna get me banned again for the 5th time in 2 months. fix the sh1t blizz or else!

1 Like

So, you started playing in WoD.

Good to know.

No guts, no glory.

1 Like

is there a petition we can sign or a window we can throw rocks at to get blizz attention on this?

1 Like

World PVP is literally non-existent. I barely come across anyone, ever. Shouldn’t be this way.

1 Like

It’s so sad to be on a server centred around RP (and pvp) and getting to experience it so infrequently in the world.

You make enemies/friends, that’s the whole point. Layering is a lazy way to fix traffic, but it’s at least understandable right at the start of an expac. We’re about to be in Ulduar, and the world is EMPTY outside of Dal with layering. I see nobody.

2 Likes

That is a really great question. Does anyone know how we get blizzard to read this thread? Is there someone we can tag in it? Has anyone navigated Blizzard’s customer support and issues like this successfully before that is reading this?

1 Like

I find it very weird that if you go from Dalaran to idk Feralas you keep your same layer. I think classic/tbc zones at this point should be single layered to make it more…alive. All the zones are dead/empty even on mega servers. Layers should exist in Northrend/Dalaran for sure.

1 Like

looks like grobb has 2 layers today, whether its because dragonflight released or devs came to senses, I am not happily fighting many people in ice crown. Horde and Alliance are fighting all over the zone and its great. Haven’t even checked other zones yet.

If you are on a non populated server sure layers might not be helpful. Layers were removed on my server and it is stupid toxic now. Trying to get dailies done is impossible. I try to farm up some meat for pet food people were standing on top of kills waiting to skin. So after I looted I could not click quick enough to skin. That is when I could find mobs there are so many people on the server pretty much everything is dead so people are waiting at the spawns to kill it. Never had this problem when it was layered.

1 Like