Layering removal = diminished quality

So on Azuresong at least, my “main” PVE server there is evidence that layering has been removed entirely. Let’s be honest for 5 seconds. Layering improved the quality of the game. When you want to quest, it’s kind of nice to actually find the mobs you are looking for to collect what they drop for a quest for example. Layering needs to be brought back pronto. The quality of the game is suffering. And people simply won’t play as much.

18 Likes

Mmmmmm… no. Yeah, no.

48 Likes

why is there no downvote button so I can just not post.

58 Likes

No it didn’t it lowered the quality of the game. contesting for mobs/gathering nodes was part of vanilla.

18 Likes

Layering was turned off on smolderweb and things have been great, but it helps it’s a pvp server and layering was messing with the wpvp experience.

7 Likes

I’m on a PvP server and layering ruins PvP.

In the moment I hate competing for quest items, spawns, etc. But looking at the bigger picture its good. It makes me more invested, competitive, and determined to get better or to do something more efficiently.

Sounds like you want a singleplayer game with a multiplayer switch.

4 Likes

They have ten times the players per server than vanilla had…so nah not like vanilla at all.

15 Likes

Like it or not layering is on its way out and thats a good thing.

12 Likes

Well removing layering means less people are playing, not sure how thats ‘good’ for the game.

2 Likes

Its good because its removing layering.

10 Likes

Removing layering means you see the people playing. A ton of people are just abusing layering. Layering or Sharding is something I hate so much.

5 Likes

So basically you’re saying a entertainment company is selling a game with the purpose to not entertain?

Wow great business idea!

5 Likes

This isn’t a game to just entertain its to recapture what WoW was 15 years ago to the best of their abilities that means layering needs to be removed.

3 Likes

This is proof that no matter what Blizzard do, someone will complain. Logically then they should stop listening and just do things that make sense and are good for the game.

… like removing layering which should never have been in.

9 Likes

Goodluck telling a kid who wasn’t even alive in 2004 “this is how it’s supposed to be, compete with other people just to actually play the game” they would lose interest so fast it is not even funny. A bunch of people ageing with WoW. We aren’t helping its legacy.

1 Like

I’m cool with telling a kid that. Hey kid you don’t always get what you want. Life can sometimes suck like that but if you cry hard enough then you might just get a pat on the back…probably

13 Likes

You don’t always get what you want, even to play a game you pay to play. Haha

As if we don’t have enough spoilt kids playing the game. Oh noes all those spoilt kids will stop playing! Woe is us!

6 Likes

Yes you pay to play but you’re like the minority of the people who want layering. The majority who also pay to play wanted it to not even be in at the start.

5 Likes

I don’t care if some kid doesn’t enjoy the game he can go play retail if he wants QoL improvements Classic isn’t for him.

5 Likes