Layering isn't enough; Starting Bottleneck Classic Vs Vanilla

If I had to choose between layering and dynamic respawns, I’d go with dynamic respawns. Neither is “”“blizzlike”"", but dynamic respawn is far more in the “spirit” of MMOs/vanilla than layering is.

1 Like

DR Still has a number of issues that it didn’t address well enough. And also had some drawbacks in closed areas that made questing nightmarish.

I’ll stick with layering for a closer to authentic approach, personally.

People forget: “You as company have the obligation to present a playable product the 27 of august”.

On the private server this weekend had 13 500 players online and complete a single quest was taking over 35 minutes at the point my GF and me just got bored of play saying "Oh lets stop of play this walking simulator"

Layering is mandatory also the way blizzard is implemeting this feature is horrible. Add 20 channels and allow people switch freely with a 60 seconds cooldown.

It sounds like Classic may not be the game for you.

35 whole minutes to complete a quest. Oh, the horror of it all.

At the very least, you might want to wait a day or two before starting.

Yea, but here’s the nut.

Today, they don’t have to do this. Today, they can happily let folks rage quit and run. And wallow. And linger. And wait.

All of those people that want to play on day 1 and can’t, they can come and play on day 2. Or day 3. Or day 50.

Simply, Classic can not “fail” is the normal sense. Many folks may just say “Forget it!” and run back to pservers. That’s OK. Because Classic will remain here for them to come back to later.

There’s no beach head that needs to be formed here. Classic is designed to be carried by Retail. It can stagger and babble along for a few months to settle down.

Yes, Blizzard can take the customer base for granted here. The impetus is different today.

They’ll do their best, but they’re not going to go hog wild with realms to meet demand. Been there, done that. Won’t do it again.

It’s not a 2 week game. It’s a long haul.

1 Like

I made about 5 characters lv60 on a private server already… >_>.

You can complete that quest under 7 minutes but with the congestion took 35-40 mins even “joining to a party” cuz you need compete vs other 2 - 3 parties for the mobs.

Is adorable see how people lose the reason and “White-Knight” for the sake of being a blinded fanboy lol.

Since when wow-classic removed your ability to think on a rational way?

WoW isn’t a race, it’s life. On the stress test my only complaint was getting kicked all the time in the second test, and the first test I’d swap between layers dc’ing to do so and had no control over staying in the layer I wanted.

As far as not getting quests done efficiently. So what? You’re going to run out of quests eventually, you’re going to be 60 eventually, you’re going to be done with dungeons and raids eventually, you’re going to be done with rank grind eventually.

The whole reason to get WoW back is just to live in Azeroth again. If there’s no boars to kill. Oh well, so what, go talk to other players and form up groups to have fun another way. Maybe go and get all flightpaths if you’re playing on prime time, instead of grinding. Then in offpeak time go and quest again.

Most people who play as if they could get server firsts are playing for wrong reason. There’s months between content patches. The rush is just for content makers.

1 Like

I simply appreciate Classic for what it IS.

I am not fixated on convenience and instant (figure of speech, not literally instant) gratification.

Maybe waiting a day or two for that initial rush to dissipate a little will help to make your initial questing quick enough for you.

If you cannot handle a little inconvenience, then BFA awaits.

turns out tipsout is a con-artist and is a poor spokes person for classic wow

How so? Can you elaborate a bit? Im curious

You realize at low level you can’t whisper or talk right? Clearly you didn’t play Vanilla.

Nice post count.

You’ve been playing too many private servers, bub.

you misinterpret the title stress test, the goal of a stress test is not to induce non fun having stress to a player.

It is to test the strength of a server and the fibers in place that are designed to make things move smoothly.

The goal is to stress the servers by having a large amount of people all attempting to login/play at the same time.