Layering isn't enough; Starting Bottleneck Classic Vs Vanilla

Yessir, going to need more than 3 layers upon release, some solution, shard the newbie zones, layer the rest, shard + layer, dynamic spawns in newbie zones only

honestly, its the starting zone, it’s not destroying gameplay to go at a normal designed rate here rather than spend hours tagging 1-4 mobs.

This will be a problem for the first few days - I honestly believe if you can’t see beyond that, and don’t have the patience for that short a time, Classic isn’t the game for you. Classic requires patience, and determination.

I don’t mean this disrespectfully, just straight up. Different people prefer different games. Just chill out for a few hours/days - maybe find a different server that isn’t as crazy if you HAVE TO play that day, and in a week or two, it’ll be behind us.

Thats my 2 cents anyway, but obviously blizzard will use some method because they think they have to for some reason

2 Likes

Your statement is true with no other factors considered, but it sets a precedent for the solutions the community expects(which is not vanilla, dynamic solutions are not Vanilla), and the solutions Blizzard expect they can use

1 Like

True, saw it too. This Elo guy comes across as a blizz employee with the all of the info he spouts and I am embarrassed for him.

edit: I will lmao if if I find out he wasn’t even in stress test

2 Likes

If you want classic, you get the whole experience. The release day of WoW was also horrible. Be glad you get to experience EACH and EVERY negative aspect.
Except for the almost non-playable servers from back then.

2 Likes

Queues is a the solution. Just throw away layering and go back to the queues, these worked well enough.

load balance with login queue thusly:

add a rapid character creation or manual layer selection option after they select server. if they select rapid character creation, the system will place them based on load balance. if they choose manual layer selection they can choose the layer they want to be on and no layer hopping is necessary. this will still have login queues but they will be smaller thanks to those people who select rapid character creation.

I question intelligence of people who post stuff like this.

Vanilla was bought at stores, it wasn’t the same experience as now, this is an entirely different situation.
You say you want queues, but you don’t.

Let’s say there’s 5 million people at launch of Classic, and they expected 2 million, you think queues will work?

And to top it off, stress test, the STRESS TEST, people couldn’t log on for first 2-3 hours and they cried for days on forums, FOR DAYS, and you think you’d handle sitting in queue for 9 hours? By the time you get near entering, you gotta go to bed, or go to work, people don’t have time to sit in queues.

Think please.

1 Like

read my post right above yours

You need to understand that nearly everyone going into Classic has friends and guildies who are going in too, they sure as hell won’t pick random layers.

but theres alot who would, especially if it says….rapid
hehe

And then they’d ask their friend where they are, if they can’t see them or play with them, they’d go choose manual instead.

I understand everyone on forum is trying to come up with ideas, but don’t think your ideas are perfect and defend them to core. I like what Blizzard is trying to do, they’re trying to allow everyone to play, without crossrealm sharding and preventing dead realms when some quit.

1 Like

So you say so yourself, while you yourself obviously didn’t.

1 Like

Think about what? Did you even read anything?

i realize this. i’m just trying to solve for the following:

1. pvp and pve cheating by layer hopping
  2. people who hate sharding so much they dont even want it if it doesnt seem like sharding
  3. people trying to farm resources on other layers than their assigned layer
  4. messing up the economy by overwhelming amounts of resources, driving the prices so low you cant even sell stuff for the price it costs to list them on the ah
  5. taking layers that didn’t shrink enough by the end of phase1, and making them into new servers, potentially separating friends and family members who weren’t on the layer as their assigned layer before it was moved

Simpliest solution is to allow layer hopping only in Major Cities.

People will always cry about something, it’s up to Blizzard to find a way to deal with issues, let’s not panic until something panic-worthy actually happens.

As I said, let them change layers only in major cities, or something like that, queues don’t count as solution, people couldn’t even handle stress test queues.

Previous

Don’t know how they’ll handle it, could take biggest realm as reference and put that cap on all other realms, if some are half the population of those, could merge but that also sucks.

Either way, anything with queues is terrible solution, people got jobs and lives, anything over 30 minutes of queue is too long.

You have to take into consideration that on 14th of august, 2 weeks before release, people will be making their characters and taking names, and to do that, you need to pick realm, so it’ll be little easier if they know who’s playing where.

agreed. thats why i was trying to brainstorm solutions

Uh-huh. when there is an inconvenience for you personally, you are okay for changes.
This shows how you “no-change-muh-vanilla” people are hypocrites. Well done proving my point even more.

“b-but muh boars”

Eat it.

you talking to me? :sunglasses:

Are you OP?