Layering is destroying the economy

So your argument is that things that are needed at end game are going to be too cheap?

Is THAT really your entire freak out? Because everyone will be able to afford buying resist stuff and raid?

Not sure you are going to get the type of support you are looking for on this bud…

Due to layers existing, full stop.

The “abuse” of said layers is only shifting whose hands the money/resources reside. You’re simply arguing that a minority of people are choosing to acquire these resources through layer abuse. In the end, to use your example, those 10 frost oil recipes from those 10 layers still exist and will be picked up by players – regardless of layer abuse.

1 Like

I already won. I just want to see you display some more of that signature ignorance you’re so loose with.

Haha yes, that is totally the only consequence of inflation. Nice one, dude.

I know people are layer hopping. We’re on a newer server though, with no high level characters yet. This means it’s less of an issue for us. A lot of the fluff on Netherwind is like green items dropped in Westfall for example. Nobody is buying them, but they are flooding the AH. We don’t have an abundance of farmables yet…

Uh oh… looks like a blue confirmed precisely what I said about layer abuse being a very small issue:

Specifically:

Big oof, sir. :laughing:

You skipped the first half of the post? LOL. They said its a problem and they are working on it.

If it didn’t matter, they why are they adding a delay timer? You just proved the thread author’s point. Why don’t they say its not needed and save man-hours and effort? So they are just doing extra work for fun with no reason?

Are you braindead? They are even saying its a problem and that they’re going to address it lol. Basically saying that the people exploiting are going to be fine and keep their items. The cooldown that they said would be in the game from the start, will finally be in the game. All that means is that specific screenshot was faked, and duh, who cares, its the larger and proveable point that streamers are showing themselves layer hopping to farm up unreasonable amounts of gold (mainly mages through vendoring greys/greens since NOTHIGN is selling). It’s obviously not just streamers. Everyone is doing this.

BiG OoF indeed

1 Like

Oh man that goal post is moving so fast I think i can see it redshift! :laughing:

Lol 10chars

You’re wrong man, it’s all good, take the education and let go of your anger!

1 Like

I’ve noticed this too. Now it makes sense.

What a well-constructed and well-supported retort. You have provided zero counterpoints to my argument and just keep asking obtuse questions or glossing over my responses completely. Let go of your ignorance, educate yourself, and provide more intelligent responses next time. You and Thiccboy are two peas in a pod. Peace, troll.

This if weren’t being hotfixed to prevent such an exploit ^

Supply and demand are utterly independent of one another. You would know this if you were a quarter as knowledgeable on the subject as you claim to be.

1 Like

Seconded.

Balegrim… I hear there are some good economics tutorials you could look up.

Supply and Demand are not independent of one another. This is such an ignorant statement. The whole concept of Supply and Demand is contingent on the relationship between them. This is essentially equilibrium, but equilibrium is affected by multiple factors. When price is above the equilibrium, there is excess supply. When there is excess supply there is reduced demand which decreases the price point toward the equilibrium. If there is a shortage in supply, demand increases, and the price pushes upward toward the equilibrium. While the variables may be independent, their relationship is forever connected in a tug -of-war.

Please note there are three separate factors described above:

1. availability of commodities, products, and services (supply)
  2. desire (demand)
  3. price

The original conversation was with regards to the effects of increased amounts of commodities, products, and services available as a result of layering. This would increase the supply, reducing the demand, and thus, pushing the price downward toward the equilibrium. Simply put, the increased amount of goods sold on the AH (due to exponential availability) would decrease the cost of said goods because of how this relationship works. Basic economics. You keep telling me I’m wrong. I’m telling you that you’re a buffoon.

2 Likes

You should probably look into them, then.

Two separate statements:

1. this could become a problem, so we’ll fix it.
  2. right now, it’s not a problem.

That wasn’t so hard to glean without the predetermined bias people seem to have, where they absolutely trust random people on the Internet based entirely on overly dramatic statements backed up with unverified screenshots.

Balegrim,

10 people want a product (demand)
7 people offer the product today (supply)

Next day
10 people want a product (demand)
15 people offer a product (supply)

See? Supply changed but demand stayed the same. The only difference between the two days would be the price paid for the product.

In your scenario on day 2 when supply went up you are insisting that demand decrease. It doesn’t have to. It could stay the same or even increase.

Try this:

Day 3:

12 people want a product (demand)
15 people offer a product (supply)

Now both supply AND demand have risen over day one, but not at the same rate which means prices should still be less than day one but probably more than day 2.

Have a nice day.

3 Likes