Layering Crunch. Increased queues

In preparation for phase 2, when each realm will be single layered. Blizzard is reducing the number of layers allowed on each realm.

If each layer has a 3000 population max, as per Vanilla standard. Then each layer removed will drop the realms cap by 3000.

Any realms that have queues will see the queues increase by 3000 every time a layer is removed.

Edit: sources for noobs who “know-it-all” but haven’t read at all.

LAYERING IS NOT HERE FOR YOUR QoL. THAT IS NOT ITS INTENDED PURPOSE. LAYERING IS FOR REALM HEALTH AND STABILITY FOR LONG TERM.

Source? Layering isn’t changing the amount of players on the realm, it’s changing the amount of players you can interact with at a single time.

3 Likes

We have more players it’s not layering this is a good thing, the game is growing. Rattlegore was full last night. LaYerS BaD.

Where’s your source?
I’ll make an edit to my post with mine. But you shouldn’t ask for sources while speaking definitively, and not having sources of your own.

Source?

Blizzard said it 100x dummy

Blizz said what exactly?

Layers divide the pop by 3 not increasing it. Server pop stays the same.

Yeah it does, BTW. Blizz overstocked the realms in order to prep for population decline. Thats the entire reasoning behind layering. Not as QoL, but as Realm health

Seriously you guys… theres Blue posts about it. Try reading a bit before coming up with false conclusions

Starts at about 4:30.

if what you said is true, why did the blue say they expect bigger queues when layering is removed?

3 Likes

false. blizzard literally said themselves that when layering is gone, the server queues will be even more extreme on some servers.

1 Like

Thank you holymirax. I have trouble trying to find what im looking for on these forums. I do a search and I find a bunch of people confused and not knowing what they’re talking about

in his own words “in order to soft absorb an impact of a tremendous amount of players initially”.
what part of that doesn’t sound like trying to put more people on each server?

oh and if what you say is true. why when layering is removed do they expect insane queues?

Its plain to see, if you’d do a bit of lite reading

Layering absolutely affects the number of people that can be on a server. As Holymirax posted. This is easily inferred from Blizzard’s post.

1 Like

I have serious doubts that layer removal will be practical at phase 2. The plan for phase 2 was, “they think they do but they don’t, so the servers will be dead by phase 2 and we can removez deh layering”

They are prepping and removing some layers quite soon.

Its the only reason they’d be offering realm transfers off of realms that don’t have queues. Because they’re expecting the now queue less realms, to have queues when there’s fewer layers.

It’s going to get to a point where you either wait in an absurd queue or transfer to a low pop realm like they’re asking us to do now well ahead of time. Those are going to be the two options. World bosses don’t work with layering and nodes/spawns would be unable to sustain 10,000 concurrent players.