Layering and Ashenvale

The forced layer swaps aren’t just an Ashenvale issue, the issue in Ashenvale is that every swap is likely to be highly impactful.

I’ve had it many times in other zones, just of varying impact. Sometimes none, sometimes quite negative, once even positive.

It is highly disruptive to game play, and it seems like it’s happening more frequently as the days go on rather than less.

1 Like

easy fix: anyone in a raid group with > 3 people can’t be layered while in Ashenvale.

Not true. Half my raid got layered

They are aware of it and are working on a solution

i’ve heard that one before…

i’ll believe it when i see it

Just got layered as I was hitting the enemy general into a hard losing layer for no apparent reason. This is extremely obnoxious. 3rd time this happened. I’d be beyond revered at this point and no longer dealing with this buggy mess if layer swapping wasn’t active during the battle.

1 Like

I was going to link the article but I cant post links here.

Then I remembered you have fingers and can Google it just as easily as you can complain about it.

Look for the Dev "Greenfield "

have not experienced this yet and i hope i never do, sounds poopy

The most insane thing about this crap is that it always takes you from an active Battle for Ashenvale into a game-over layer. And NEVER the other way around. So you’ll always lose rep, but it’ll never let you play 2 games in a row.

So it never really “cancels itself out”. It just prevents you from getting rep.

Truly messed up.

Came here to make a thread. Really frustrating, especially when you’re actively world pvp’ing not just one of the people afk at splintertree.

Like actively contributing in the pvp to spawn the event and then you get popped from a 65% layer to a 0% layer

1 Like

Good that they’ve acknowledged the layering, but funny how it’s only been happening to Horde players.

1 Like

Fix idea?

this one time blizzard changed their MacOS source code, for no reason. everything worked fine before the patch. like, you used to be able to play the game in Windowed mode.

but then one day, they changed their source code and broke Windowed mode. it took them 1.5 YEARS to fix it. all they had to do was revert their code to the previous version. but they didn’t. so just because they’re “aware” of a problem, means nothing.

What would it take for you to believe you were on fire?

I suspect you would deny it till your heart stopped.

Some people will never be happy.

I’ve been playing Blizzard, Blizzard-Activision, and Blizzard-Activision-Microsoft games for over 20 years. Over literal decades they have earned a reputation for

• denying problems exist
  • taking years to acknowledge problems exist
  • saying that the solutions to the problems don’t exist
  • taking literally YEARS to fix them

When WoW classic came out, there were no layers. The servers would fill up and have 5+ hour queues. Everyone was like “Blizz, put in layering”. Blizz said they couldn’t do layering in classic because [and gave some bull$&!# nonsensical reason]. Everyone was like “you literally already have the source code for this, it exists in retail”. And then Blizz game some other reason as to why layering in Classic would be “impossible”. And years later, we finally have it.

So when you’re like “oh Blizz is gonna fix this problem in a day or two!” I’m like “yeah #%&@ING right!”

This is rediculous. I got layered 4 times in one ashenvale and was never even able to see a general. Quality game you have here.

Just because you’re correct about the past doesn’t mean you know the present.

I take what they say with a grain of salt.

But when I said I saw an article that stated they were aware of something and they were working on it, and ude said “Ill believe it when I see it” THEN I LINKED HIM THE EVIDENCE…

Some people just wont believe their own eyes because it’s clouded by prejudice and hatred.

Trump could cure cancer tomorrow and half the country would say… “No he didnt”

And if you want to do a ____ measuring contest, Ive been playing Blizzard games longer than you.

WTF does that prove?

check out this thread

blizz was “aware” of an issue that made wow literally unplayable in windowed mode on Macs, but took em over 1.5 years to fix.

Wow.

You hate Blizzard and you continue to play their games!

What does this say about YOU?