Lawsuit Timeline Summary + Lore articles

Unfortunately, the original article is paywalled. I think he’s going to step down after this.

3 Likes

Good, I hope Bobby faces some reprocussions.

13 Likes

Here’s another one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/report-alleges-activision-blizzard-ceo-bobby-kotick-hid-knowledge-of-misconduct/1100-6498073/

He threatened to kill an employee, supposedly as a joke, and drafted the statement that he called tone-deaf. Jen O’neal was also sexually harassed before she left the company. It was actually before she became Co-leader.

15 Likes

He needs to step down and face some jail time or something. This is sickening

7 Likes

They literally had Jen Oneal, a queer woman of color who intimately cared about both blizzard’s workers and the game (especially with regards to the narrative),

in the wake of a discrimination lawsuit centered on women generally and giving light to abuse of women of color, and particularly regarding compensation and laboral abuse,

And they paid her LESS than her “co-leader”.

Bruh how

19 Likes

They need to put Blizzard in a college course on how to NOT act when being accused of serious crimes. How arrogant and tone does one have to be to continue to act like nothing happened with everything going on?

What the actual hell… :wolf:

5 Likes

I do not remember hearing much about what she did at Blizzard while Co-leader. The focus all seemed to be on Ybarra.

1 Like

Which imho seemed to be intentional since she actually blows him out of the water in terms of underdog to success stories and efforts in diversity or even just general regard for others.

And I blame content creators for this partly since everyone focused on “OH MY GOD MIKE DOES MYTHIC DUNGEONS IM IMPRESSED” and spent zero time researching her at all lol

5 Likes

Or just a course on how not to commit serious crimes lol

6 Likes

When it comes to content creators, I think it came down to a few issues

1. Ybarra was open about how he played WoW. I don’t think Jen was.

2. Certain content creators have problematic views, like Asmongold, who downplayed Covid, and Accolonn, with all of his issues.

8 Likes

Ac-Colon just made a video titled “If I offend you, I am NOT sorry”

it seems like he may have seen us calling him out.

He admits to fanning the flames on fandom by saying controversial stuff.

4 Likes

AKA, “I am racist and sexist, and if you disagree with that, YOU’RE the problem.” That’s mostly what these kinds of people mean.

6 Likes

that’s exactly what that means. Asmon does the same thing, they like the outrage culture, it gets them views.

4 Likes

I would’ve put “homophobic” on the list, but I haven’t heard about that from either of them.

That is how Youtube’s algorithm is engineered. It actively rewards that sort of abhorrent behavior, the more bombastic and click-baity the better. Its nearly as awful as how Facebook’s algorithm works.

12 Likes

He enraged the Sylvanas fandom once because he posted a Rule-34 pic of her (cropped but it was Arthas and Sylvanas Rule 34, that was him dominating her) but showing her only in a ball-gag… this is a character who has experienced coded SA…by Arthas. he knew this and many ppl were triggered by it. Before the allegations came out he got away with doing this stuff all the time, even got official Blizzard interviews.

He calls himself a Sylvanas fan but he’s not liked by the Sylvanas fanbase.

He also jokes about Teldrassil… in a really cruel way. He’s found the wrong side of the fandom as followers. I get the rage from Night Elf fans because he was one of those “Yass Queen” people and he was a loud “Sylvanas supporter”

6 Likes

They are rather unpleasant People. As we would say here in the south, bless their hearts.

4 Likes

Here’s the full article from a twitter thread. It was on Wowhead.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MagdalenaDK/status/1460651106187444225

2 Likes

Who, Accolonn? That’s gross.

1 Like

Mike Morhaime sent a praising email to an employee fired for abuse.

https://twitter.com/MagdalenaDK/status/1460652969267904513?s=20

Edit: There’s more.

https://www.activisionblizzard.com/newsroom/2021/11/a-message-from-ceo-bobby-kotick

6 Likes