Lawsuit Timeline Summary + Lore articles

I feel like this should really be investigated. Our shared experiences point to some abuse of power in forum moderation. I think that’s why this place has become a toxic cesspool. Spend time in GD for all of 5 minutes and you will see. It doesn’t reflect well on this company or this game that it has such a toxic forum.

I think the Story Forum is mild compared to the GD. Certainly more mature and open-minded.

11 Likes

I noticed that people like me, you, Alynsa and a couple others who are quick to call people out on their toxic behavior tend to get their posts flagged or removed quicker than most others

7 Likes

There absolutely is a “naughty list” of posters that’s used to track actions. And yes, some moderators use it for their own vendettas. I’m on it too.

The lackadaisical moderation in the forums is why I blame blizzard for the state of the forums. And the fact that they think echo chambers like reddit are better is discerning.

10 Likes

I wish I could get away with insulting people as much as that one MHP does on here lol.

1 Like

Which one? There are sooo many!

1 Like

Grandblade. I stumbled on his twitter by accident, and I love the stuff I see there, but he gets away with a ton of insults here. I feel like I gotta walk on eggshells when I deal with trolls.

Yeah, I miss when I was the prime target of his insults. He only has 3 of them which he just copies and pastes to everyone he disagrees with.

1. Is “you’re so dumb.”
  2. Acting like a Dad to call out misbehaviour. I forget the exact sentence but guaranteed someone told him that a lot when he was little, and that’s the only way he knows how to disagree with someone.
  3. “You’re wrong. That’s it, no proof, just you are wrong.”

We could have been a good enemies to lovers trope, but he stopped posting in the forum.

1 Like

He didn’t stop posting. It’s just rare. Anyway, I don’t like talking about people behind their back.

2 Likes

I think he’s spending more time on that one private RP server where you can build stuff so he’s been spending his free time having fun instead of being angry around here. Which, you know, good for him.

2 Likes

To be fair you are pretty naughty.

1 Like

Naughty Anya is best Anya.

5 Likes

I don’t know if anyone is targeted by Blizzard, but sometimes a post that’s horribly inappropriate doesn’t get reported because the community is terrible and agrees with it. The official line is that flagging a post once is enough, but I seriously don’t believe that.

3 Likes

Also, Johnny Cash, the dev, is gone.

He was one of the foremost supporters of inclusivity in the story. I doubt his departure has anything to do with the lawsuit, but I’ll post it anyway.

11 Likes
5 Likes

Meanwhile I get suspended for something I didn’t even say and they just try and pretend it never happened. Making up lie after lie.

I had someone accuse me of stalking them on false grounds and nothing happened to them. Meanwhile I make a joke about the Jailer’s nipples and I get a 3 day suspension. When I appeal it, they said I was discussing forum actions in the post even though I never did.

9 Likes

It was me that one time, and I’m sorry.

I’d be flattered if you stalk me now.

I guess… The man came around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiMXK9eDrMY

EDIT: Wait, this is the man who gave us Hati back??

Ok, I think I need to find out why he quit/was fired, find the responsible parties and me and every hunter shall enact terrible vengeance upon this responsible party.

5 Likes

Go team Hunter go!

5 Likes

Whelp, there was a thread on GD about reporting racism and sexual harassment, and a couple hundred victim-blaming posts got removed by mods. Shame those people probably didn’t get the permabans they deserved.

4 Likes

If the GD is talking about failure to action on reports racism and sexism, then that validates our individual personal experiences.

Maybe if gaming news sites would report about it Blizzard would make the needed changes.

4 Likes