Lava lashis SL

so enhance back in wod allowed lava lash to spread flame shock for fire nova (rip) it would be great for our passive cleave to have this back it will also make it feel rewarding to cast lava lash

Seems redundant with crash lightning which pairs better with stormbringer.

What reason do we have to cast lava lash now basically none plus the spread will go well with the necrolord ability and yes crash lightning is cool but being able to easly dot multiple instread of interuptimg rotation will be super handy

Spread would make the necrolord ability op and much more powerful for enhance than for the other specs.

Spread would also give us too much AOE along with crash lightning and chain lightning. Particularly in an xpac where blizz is trying to crackdown on mass AOE with target limits. Not sure how they would impose a target limiter if you had a bunch of fire novas going off simultaneously. Seems like it would be hard to balance and could also overly clutter the rotation.

As for crash lightning, I don’t consider it to be an interruption to my rotation. It’s a great ability in its own right when you have multiple targets. It’s treated as a separate attack on every target for weapon buff/proc purposes on top of providing a buff to stormstrike/lava lash so you can fish for strombringer/maelstrom weapon/WF procs with it.

As for more reason to cast lava lash, I’m all for that as it seems pretty lackluster outside of hot hand. Would like to see the base damage increased as the current damage is tuned for it to be a filler rather than a CD locked ability. I think lava lash used to hit harder pre-legion. Maybe they could move the damage increase on hot hand to lava lash baseline and just leave hot hand as a CD reduction proc.

im not recommending fire nova to come back (even though thats what made me an enhance) just the basic dot spread and the slowing down the rotation is needing to spread flame shock and keep going though them to get the most out of necrolord which will interrupt your normal rotation

crash lightning is great and does make a better aoe choice then fire nova im more looking into adding some more play with lava lash right now seems like a lighting bolt no real reason to cast it

1 Like