Launching WotLK Without Dungeon Finder Is the Right Move

Also a great idea, I’d be very amused when next to no one plays on the non-LFD version as well

7 Likes

Just another voice saying LFD is a major part of my nostalgia around WotLK. I sincerely hope Blizz puts LFD into WotLK-classic. Though honestly with how incredible the changes coming to retail are perhaps I’ll spend my time with Dragonflight.

9 Likes

how about one version without LFD and you can deal with it
because that’s what you’re getting

no, we are getting LFD :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not really, I think most people like the old gameplay, but the retail system updates, such as the ones you described, are good. RDF, I believe, is one of the main reasons why people like Wrath so much. I think it came out at the end of Wrath, but it was for the better. Searching through LFG is a chore and may be frustrating depending on the server and your luck.

5 Likes

not quite, we had 13 months with out RDF and 12 months with RDF, basically 50%, the most successful part of wrath was always when RDF was online.

5 Likes

People will go out into the world more with LFD because they can play during queue. When I want to run a dungeon in TBC I stare at /4 in Shat. All LFD does is make finding a group easier.

8 Likes

Yeah same. I hope dungeon finder gets put in or at least we have separate realms :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hope Blizzard sticks to their guns and does not release LFD. When the tool was first release back in late Wrath, just about everyone heralded its release as it would lead to faster groups. I too was excited for it. But quickly realized it was a mistake as people started to become very negative to one another, especially since they were not likely to see those people again. I would rather have more pleasant experiences with people with fewer groups then nearly instant groups but negative interactions with others not from my server.

2 Likes

Negative interactions are still very common in TBCC and VC. lol

6 Likes

No where near as much as with LFD. And can easily avoid grouping with those toxic people in future groups. Also a negative interaction could also be simply running a dungeon with people and not saying a single word to anyone the entire run. It’s been a very nice and refreshing change of pace to have to communicate with others to even get a group started.

Exactly. Realm-restricted LFD is the best compromise between both sides here.

6 Likes

my dead server Arcanite Reaper disagrees with your post and wishes for cross-realm LFD/LFR

6 Likes

LFD isn’t the solution for bad server management.

4 Likes

no but it’s a step in the right direction

1 Like

No it is mistreating the problem. Temporary Cross-Realm doesn’t help build a community. Realm Connections, which are permanent, do.

how about you stop being an insufferable narcissist and stop jamming your self inflated opinions of what the game should be onto the rest of the community. They 100% should make an RP type realm that excludes all of these features you think is bad and have realms for people that want to play the game as it was. Not everyone shared your experience of the game get over yourself. I think on your realm they should remove flight paths, mage portals, warlock summons, boats, mounts and you can walk around everywhere making dialogue with murlocs.

8 Likes

a great idea

It’s 100x better of a solution than what we have had to live with in TBC classic with bulletin board and the proposed live retail system of Premade Group finder being introduced.

3 Likes

No, there is no realm connection that you speak off, you play Classic Era you wont even step into Wrath, not sure why you are trying to drag every one down into the mud with you, there is a reason only 8 people play Classic era.

2 Likes