Launcher Crashes on log in, linux

Yeah, not bad to do actually. Goto your Bnet installation folder and you will see that there is a few versions of bnet there (for me prefix/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Battle.net.11512 and .11537).

What you want to do is delete or rename/move the 11537 one (the problematic version). Then when you load up it will be the older one. Of course it will update again and you need to repeat this again. But it worked for me thus far. Haven’t tested the -nofshack lutris wine version out if that is a fix as of yet. Some say it is. Some not.

AMD rx590 + OpenSUSE Tumbleweed/Fedora 30/RHEL7.6

All my machines have the same issue, so its not a distro thing. Not sure if NVIDIA users have an issue here either, as it appears a mesa related issue in the end (whether its wine causing it or mesa is unknown to me) as all Intel and AMD folk I have spoke with have this issue, not the NVIDIA folks (as of yet).

1 Like

Having this same issue running via Lutris on Pop!_OS 19.04. Changed the file location to wow.exe and got it running again. Seems to be an issue with battle.net launcher.

Thanks Scald!

edit - also, quite a delay on character info. I’ve been 60 for about 3 weeks now.

2 Likes

Same issue, a transparent window for the launcher comes up for 3 seconds then simply crashes.

System information:
Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS x86_64
Wine build: wine-4.12.1.r1.gaccf1895 ( TkG Staging Esync )
Platform: i386 (WOW64)
Version: Windows 10
Host system: Linux
Host version: 5.0.0-29-generic

Following the same path as others here, I tried changing the wine version in Lutris. Currently on lutris-4.16-x86_64, and while I still get a white window with battle net, I’m at least able to launch the game by clicking where that button would be.

I also didn’t get the error about esync not being supported on that wine version, and performance seems the same thus far. The only oddity in game is on dual monitors my mouse cursor is being locked to the game window irrespective of my settings.

Someone on the Lutris forums actually posted a workaround!

posted by thulium
You can workaround this issue by removing C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net\Battle.net.11537

Make sure you have a folder Battle.net.11378 in there, if you have that, you can run the launcher again!

I’m fairly certain it will work given you have any other battle net version in there. I had Battle.net.11512 and it worked just fine. In any case, you can always just rename the troublesome folder instead of fully removing it if you’re worried it may not work.

3 Likes

Works for me. Thanks for spreading the word

A supposed solution to fix this entire problem was found on the lutris forums to fix the problem without messing with the folder and without bypassing the launcher. If someone could test and report back that would be great. (I’m still reinstalling.)

You need to add the following two libraries to your wine configuration: api-ms-win-crt-private-l1-1-0 and ucrtbase.

How-to: Right-click the game and select “Wine configuration” then go to the Libraries tab and add the libraries from the drop-down.

11 Likes

That fixed it for me, Chuster! Thank you!

Glad it worked for you and can confirm myself that it does work.

That fix also worked for me. Thanks for running that down.

This has worked for me. I don’t know who you but thanks a heap!

This fixed it for me too!

Ubuntu 19.04
Lutris 0.5.3

This fixes the issue with Linux Mint MATE.

I had this issue all the time in 2016 when trying to load the Blizzard Launcher. If I got it fixed then, maybe I would have bought a subscription earlier. This is one of the reasons why I would prefer a native Linux client.

1 Like

This worked for me, thank you!

Was having the same issues and just tried your solution after a couple days of the launcher crashing every time I’d log in, and it’s working again.

Thank you.

the us domain IP is failing download.

Edit your /etc/hosts file
137.221.106.104 us.battle.net # 137.221.106.102 fails

This is working now!

Thanks Blizzard for fixing this problem!

Yes, now if only they’d let me pay 20 bucks for a Wow token (in Linux. )

Currently gives the black screen, known bug ( I guess.)

This worked beautifully for me. I play on Ubuntu, and have just been bypassing the Bnet Launcher for the last month, as it hasn’t been working. Today there was an update though, and nothing worked. Using this I am now updating and about to head back into the game. Thank you!

Fixed for me Chuster – you rock ^^