Launch Fresh Realms with XP Buff?

You were absolutely having a tantrum lmao you made several personal attacks at me over said “off hand comment” and became extremely defensive about the mere thought that your XP buff be delayed any further, while completely missing the point of my post. So yeah, I got snarky as hell because it was a childish overreaction and hostile response.

I don’t have a singular idea that you think I am “fixated” on. All I am trying to do is make issues known with how fresh servers are being launched, and offer up some possible remedies. That. Is. It.

What are you trying to do exactly? Because all you’ve accomplished is building a strawman out of each of my posts and arguing with me about things I haven’t said.

But I give up talking to you, its going nowhere.

Name one.

“You’re having FOMO” isn’t a personal attack, especially since you confirmed it :rofl:

I disagreed with you, then you started saying things like “Stop having a tantrum”. I’m still focused on the discussion, not the person, and the point that your stated position was actively detrimental to the community.

And while I don’t think Blizzard would ever do it, we’ve seen on multiple occasions now, that if people don’t shoot down these arguments, Blizzard can take the worst views and think they’re acceptable.

There is alot of pros and cons to timing of the fresh server release

Options pretty much are

Option 1 launches at exp event start, gives the largest player base, means that alot of people will be starting prepatch with very different amounts of gear and profession levels basically acts like a current server to someone starting at wrath launch (everyone already 70 and has professions maxed some have raid gear from various raids probably not sunwell). Encourages alot of tourists (people who like leveling but have no intentions on leaving their current servers) and pvp players to max characters to get some world pvp. Disadvantages players who can level to 70 in prepatch as they need to sub for longer before wrath

Option 2 launches at prepatch start, exp event still running, still encourages tourists and world pvp enthusiasts but less so due to limited time. Disadvantages players who cant level to 70 in prepatch and might put some off fresh completely.

Option 3 launches at launch, near 0 tourists and world pvpers (as they are doing their mains), population will be lower but more stable from day 1, no exp buff so alot of people would level 1-70 on an existing server instead of rolling fresh.

I can see like tanks in middle of brd dinging 55 and being like “good enough for me. Time to make my dk” and logging out immediately.

If they launch fresh servers with the XP buff instead of pre-patch, there’s going to be a handful of people running around with Hand of A’dal titles and people will be salty about that.

This option is off the table because the servers will be launched in a 3.4 build, not a 2.5 build. That’s why the OP converted to “Well delay the XP buff then”.

AGREE 100%. New servers should go up with XP buff.

2 Likes

You are kinda desperate for my attention aren’t you. Well here you go.

Oh my god. Again, I have said repeatedly a delay is not what I am suggesting. Anyone reading the posts can clearly see that.

You are completely misrepresenting my arguments and you know it. Go away.

“Oh my god.” I was replying to someone else, not you. I even acknowledged that you knew it.

When you explicitly misrepresent the things I’ve said, I am going to call you out.

Let’s make it crystal clear here. This thread was intended to raise an issue with the current plan to launch fresh during the pre-patch and launch the XP buff several weeks before. Here were my proposed solutions:

• Launch the fresh servers (earlier) with the XP buff
  • Launch fresh servers at pre-patch (as planned), but maintain the XP buff for the same number of weeks on both fresh/live servers

Those were the ideas. I have not converted to “Well delay the XP buff then” as you say. I have never suggested the XP buff be delayed as you keep peddling.

You can disagree with my ideas, that’s fine. But that’s not what you are doing. You are arguing against things I simply have not said.

If delaying it was the only option to make XP/fresh launch simultaneously, then of course I would prefer if they delayed since I am rolling fresh. Obviously. It’s in my best interest. That doesn’t make my opinions “egotistical” or “selfish,” just like it doesn’t make you selfish to prefer a solution that disregards fresh. But like I already said that’s not happening. I am not advocating for that, and I never was. They have already announced the buff for live and shouldn’t delay it any more than necessary.

No, this thread started because you misread the post. When corrected, you switched to “Well then delay the buff”

1. You know the first one can’t happen. If they could launch the servers earlier, they would have already started the XP buff for everyone else, because they’re intentionally timing it all together. If they could release the pre-patch now, they would. They’re delaying because they still have work to do.

2. You’ve mentioned that idea of extending the buff once long after the discussion devolved into you calling any disagreement a tantrum. That’s not why you made the thread.

That’s literally what being selfish is. Taking paths that are only in your best interest.

Except you literally keep saying “they should”. Which is advocating for something in any interpretation of English language.

Sure it can happen. It’s not the current plan, but the point is the current plan is flawed… You’re conflating some things here. Servers don’t NEED to be 1:1 with pre-patch. that’s the point of the idea. I’m certainly not expecting them to implement this solution, but its not impossible if they identify it as a big enough problem.

I already admitted I misread the blue post and corrected it. It literally changed nothing about the points I raised because it was something I already assumed to be true. Total non sequitur.

I don’t know what else to say, read the title, read the contents of my posts. Looks like I’m not the only one capable of misreading. You keep asserting things that are just not true.

If I keep “literally” saying “they should delay the buff” then quote me a single time where this is what I am saying. Back your baseless claims up. Until you can manage that, it’s a no from me dog.

hey, do we know when pre-patch is tho? since they launched the XP buff early. im havin a hard time finding info for fresh myself

We know it’ll be at earliest, 2.5 weeks from now, at latest 6.5 weeks, but most likely 4.5 weeks from now on 29th August.

awe but the tbc servers have the xp buff already… id like to start leveling all the alts imma need for wrath on a fresh server well…now lmao
oh well

back to the beta to test stuff

We know the release date of 26th September. 4 weeks before that is the 29th of August. Just depends how well Wrath bugs are fixed as to whether they hit the 4 week pre-patch, or launch it early.

And Blizz is gonna Blizz, so you won’t find out until 20 minutes after it launches.

the wrath fresh servers are supposed to start basically as TBC servers with DKs tho. let people hit 70 before wrath official launch then they would on launch day go in like the rest

No. They’re starting as 3.4.0 servers which are “basically” Wrath servers where Northrend is inaccessible. There’s a massive difference between Wrath and TBC for talents, abilities, and classes etc.

thats…pretty much what i mean but ok