Launch Fresh Realms with XP Buff?

I haven’t seen an actual confirmation of when exactly fresh servers are meant to be launching. I am assuming when pre-patch hits.

EDIT: Fresh servers confirmed to be launched with pre-patch

But IMO, it would be MUCH healthier for the longstanding populations of these servers if they launched when the XP buff went live. It’s going to be a much harder sell to get people to wait an additional ~4 weeks for fresh servers when that means time with the buff active is effectively cut in half.

11 Likes

I totally agree.

1 Like

I think the players who want to play DK would disagree.

They would blaze to 55 in a few days and be unable to switch to their dk’s.

So basically it’s fresh for everyone except dk players.

1 Like

Not going to lie I misread the announcement and thought that was how it works. Ah well.

The irony of this comment is that I am maining DK. You speaking for me or yourself? lol

Gives an opportunity to level an alt to 55 (or all the way to 70) without being super sweaty, and then ready to go straight away on the DK when pre-patch hits.

But the point of the original post is more about securing a healthy server pop so they don’t die. I think more people will stick around if the servers launch with the XP buff.

I honestly hope that the fresh servers DOES NOT launch when the pre patch hits. How can it be fresh if it’s before the actual launch? It’s not.

Fresh… LOL.

SoM gonna be healthier than fresh servers.

3 Likes

They specifically stated this.

The first line “With the launch of the Wrath of the Lich King Classic pre-patch”.

They can’t launch them earlier, because they’re launching as a Wrath systems game.

They cannot launch the fresh servers until the Wrath build is ready, at pre-patch.

2 Likes

Oh damn guess I missed the specific wording. Well that answers that then.

In that case, its a bummer that they’re doing the XP event at all before the pre-patch IMO. Why not just launch the XP buff during pre-patch? Weird decision…

2 Likes

You realize that the majority of players are NOT going to be on fresh servers right? Or is this some weird echo chamber where people believe that everyone is going to toss the last three years away? XP Buff occurs before pre-patch because there are dozens of pre-existing servers that are running right now.

1 Like

Imagine saying a single productive thing. Do you literally just spend all day on the forums dooming fresh servers?

1 Like

Lol yep

Fresh will be competing with Era for lowest pop of all WoW

1 Like

Um…yes?

The XP buff is only useful to people levelling alts or starting on a new server for Wrath. They could just as easily launch it simultaneously with the new servers, which would make the fresh servers a more appealing choice.

Again, the point of the post is it would be healthier for guaranteeing longer term population on the new servers.

As is, if someone is coming back (or new) to the game in the weeks leading up to pre-patch, they have to choose between levelling with an XP buff on pre-existing servers, or waiting longer for fresh servers to be an even more of a disadvantage.

If everything went live at once, they would be on equal footing.

2 Likes

Or people:

• changing mains for a new expansion.
  • changing factions.
  • rolling on an existing server to join friends.

This is the flaw in your argument. If fresh is good, it doesn’t need additional reinforcement. If fresh is not good, reinforcing it is not a good idea. The XP buff is not there to make fresh servers better.

Delaying the XP buff doesn’t make this waiting any shorter…

If Fresh need this boost, then it’s not a successful idea anyway. The XP buff being provided earlier won’t change that.

Why does this need to happen BEFORE the pre-patch? Normally, you would use the pre-patch time for this. And the XP buff is not needed for this anyway. It wasn’t even expected until they announced it.

You’re kind of missing the point entirely

Fresh has a ton of good reasons to be an attractive choice as-is (even with the XP buff coming out earlier). Regardless of when the buff comes out, I am rolling fresh. Fresh doesn’t NEED the XP buff, just like live servers don’t NEED the XP buff to succeed. I made no such claims that this was the case.

The issue is that the XP buff actively competes with fresh servers because it comes out earlier. It borderline discourages new and returning players from rolling fresh.

That doesn’t mean fresh will fail if the XP boost comes out earlier, it just means they’re putting it at a marked disadvantage out of the gate and makes it less attractive to players that even specifically want fresh.

IMO I would rather them have XP buff live on both simultaneously, or no XP buff at all.

Because they said it would.

No, it doesn’t. You can feel like it disadvantages your choice, but that’s just FOMO kicking in. Stop trying to disadvantage other people just because your own choice will require you to wait longer.

We were promised an XP pony, and we’re getting an XP pony. My experience does not make your experience lesser, unless you know that your experience requires special attention to compete.

And you’re going to a fresh server. The majority of players are not, and your personal choice shouldn’t impact everyone else negatively to make your ego feel better.

Just using facts my dude

Nobody is going to stay on these servers.

Will be begging for free xfers by February.

1 Like

Of course FOMO is kicking in, that’s the point of what I am saying. They have designed a situation where rolling fresh gives players FOMO where they otherwise could have just…not? And that will very likely have a marked impact on the number of people that choose to roll fresh.

This is the argument I am making. If they are going to do an XP boost, they should have planned to do it simultaneously on all servers. As-is, they are not doing that, which objectively makes players fEeL disadvantaged by picking the fresh servers. For the exact same reason that many people are not levelling characters now, because Blizzard announced the XP boost way too early.

Don’t worry the scary man making logical arguments can’t take your XP away. You’ll get your pony, kid.

If you weren’t so busy throwing a tantrum you would have understood the points I’m making here.

My personal choice is made regardless of what they do. So, it is completely irrelevant. But, I am pointing out an issue with how they are choosing to roll out the servers and XP boost that will very likely negatively impact the number of players that choose fresh servers.

2 Likes

Right, but you’re now living in a fantasy world where you think it will “feel” better to delay the buff everyone’s been chomping at the bit for… even more.

Mate you didn’t even read the blue post before making your OP… logical is not what’s happening there.

You realize you’re the one throwing a tantrum that an early XP buff will “disadvantage fresh servers”. I’m just pointing out how your mindset is so selfish you can’t even tell.

The situation has already been presented by Blizzard. Delaying it will solve zero problems and make the majority of players even more pissed off. Fresh servers are not coming until Wrath Pre-Patch because they have to. If you want the XP buff earlier, don’t level on Fresh. If you’re happy to wait, level on Fresh.

The only person complaining here is you. :wink:

That’s what it sounds like from how it’s worded.

1 Like